This page is devoted to activities we could all complete in one hour, wherever we live, in order to 'pay' for Forest Fringe and National Theatre Wales' Paper Stages.
We had a few ideas of things to do. They're suggestions, and we'd like you to find your own way of giving your time. If you can, add to our suggestions here to inspire others!
No organisation needed, only personal contacts:
- Litter picking (Streets and parks)
- Go and have tea with an elderly neighbour
- Walk a busy neighbour's dog
Needing a little pre-organisation, i.e calling ahead or calling around a couple of options:
- Offer to cook for an hour at a soup kitchen or community cafe
- Volunteer at your local community garden or farm
- Help out at a local homeless person's hostel
- Help at local library
- Volunteer at a day centre to help cook lunch
- Volunteer at a local emergency night shelter - they differ on being able to make use of someone for one hour only so this will require a few calls to find somewhere.
- Visit a nursing home
There are also online volunteering options (microvolunteering)
Please add your ideas below!
Add a Comment