Information

Producers

An official National Theatre Wales group

A group for Producers at every scale and all those who deliver theatre projects to share ideas, experience and best practice. 

Members: 170
Latest Activity: Mar 10, 2022

Discussion Forum

Intergalactic producer required

The Intergalactic Caravan is an older persons clowning project, funded by The Newbury Corn Exchange Theatre, 101 Outdoor Arts Creation Space and the Arts Council, England.Working with a group of over…Continue

Started by Kristoffer Huball Aug 17, 2017.

Producer WANTED! Winner of two prizes: a musical project"Red Dragon and Soil Traveller" from Japan

Hello! I am Yasuro Ito in Tokyo,Japan. I am a theatre director and writer of…Continue

Tags: international, japan, musical, reddragon, producer

Started by Yasuro Ito Oct 26, 2016.

WNO Ticket offer for young people

Hi friends! For the past few months I've been working with WNO on an innovative modern opera all about student activism. This is the biggest project I've ever worked on, and I highly recommend…Continue

Tags: ticket offer, young people, Opera

Started by Emrys Barnes Jul 12, 2016.

Space 101

For anyone interested in large scale outdoor theatre... Space 101 opened last night following an amazing Devoted and Disgruntled from Improbable on the state of outdoor arts. 101 is a 10,000 sq ft…Continue

Started by Kristoffer Huball Oct 24, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Producers to add comments!

Comment by Emma MacNab on March 9, 2014 at 10:51
Hi! I was just wondering who is planning on going to Producers Place on Tuesday! I'm looking forward to it.
Comment by Simon Coates on March 3, 2014 at 2:24

EMERGING PRODUCERS AT NTW

All everyone.

On Friday we launched our new Emerging Producers opportunity.

More info on my blog post here (scroll to bottom).

Deadline - 28th Mar

Let me know if you have any questions.

Comment by Laura H Drane on March 2, 2014 at 9:51

In case anyone missed this (I did, and can't make it):

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/meet-the-producer-...

Comment by Simon Coates on February 16, 2014 at 23:17

PRODUCERS PLACE - A NEW NETWORK FOR PRODUCERS IN WALES

We're pleased to confirm the next session is as follows:
Nick Sherrard talking about audiences/ 'hacking the arts'/ engagement with public/ CRM/ digital and social media (https://twitter.com/nicksherrard)
Tues 11 March, 7pm-8pm and then drinks/ mingling after
To attend, please book here: 
Comment by Ray Thomas on February 8, 2014 at 2:13

Hi, I'm currently directing Wilder's "Our Town" for Everyman Theatre Company, Cardiff (11 to 15 March @ Chapter) whilst studying for M.A. Drama at the University of South Wales. Recently delivered a postdramatic performance project - "It's Called 'Living'", as my first practical assessment - using the play as a source, in collaboration with some cast members. Inspired by Emma Evans' talk to  the M.A. group last Wednesday, I'm now looking to develop/ deliver new projects - studies permitting - where and when I can. 

Comment by Simon Coates on February 7, 2014 at 4:52

Hi Everybody, there is a new network for producers in Wales. You can keep an eye on what's happening via this group.

Have a look at my blog for more info.

Comment by Caley Powell on February 4, 2014 at 3:02

Hi,

I am a freelance casting director originally from Merthyr Tydfil but currently in working and living in London. I am looking to connect with Welsh theatre companies, producers, writers, directors and actors so I can come back and work back home as I currently come back just for a holiday to see my family and friends.

In London I am part of a group called The League Of Professional Theatre Women, it was originally created in America but last year a branch was set up in London. The aim of the league is to be a body that seeks to promote visibility and increase opportunities for women in the Professional Theatre.
The group unites all female professionals of the theatrical industry in the UK, to share ideas, news, promote events and support each other's work! We also want to fight for gender parity in the industry and are looking at campaigning for ways to change the industry to create more opportunites for women.

We are on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/484847981569852/ and Twitter @LofPTW and have meetings in London but I want to bring the League to Wales, primarily Cardiff first, so am looking for help from any woman who can book us a venue to arrange the first meet up for the end of the month and looking for anyone who maybe interested in joining the Welsh branch of the League.

Thanks and best wishes,

Caley Powell

@CaleyPCasting  

Comment by Jules Howarth on January 16, 2014 at 8:33

For the Love Of It 2014

For the Love Of It or FLOI is an annual get together of street and outdoor artists, producers, makers, activists and performers. Its a very informal gathering on the whole, and as much about having some fun together and catching up, making new friends as it is about serious disussion and workshops.

Everyone who comes Contributes to the event - by cooking, cleaning, set-up the space or by leading a workshop, giving a talk, debating an idea. In 2013 we were hosted at the Lanternhouse in Ulverston, in 2014 by the College Project in Bristol.

Photos and videos of some of the odd things that happened in 2013 are on this page and more details are below.

FLOI is open to anyone from the UK or beyond who is involved or interested in street and outdoor arts.

I just thought Wales based artist might be interested.

All information here

Thanks for reading,

Jules

FLOI 14 Blue sign

When? 6pm Friday 21st Feb – 3pm Sunday 23rd Feb 2014

Where? St Peters Academy, Fenton Manor, Fenton, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 2RR

Congregate Speculate Invigorate

NASA UK  AGM and general meeting

FLOI – weekend costs
including all main meals and snacks just £28 if you book before Jan 21st and £33 afterwards

Go to the Booking Form now

Comment by Greg Cullen on December 16, 2013 at 17:13

"Beauty and the Beasts" opened at Chapter to a fantastic response! Its not everyday that actors get applauded when they walk into the bar for an after show drink. Bad news is...It's only on for another two nights! Honestly, the actors are hilarious and brilliant. Its the antidote to pap Christmas shows and features all of your favourite/most despicable personalities from 2013 in a ripping yarn of surreal, absurd and satirical hilarity. It may well be the best Christmas present that you've  EVER bought yourself (and lets face it, they're normally the best). So, so, so, much better than a Jamie Oliver olive stuffer and those weird ornaments people buy you for your house because they like them. We have cried laughing making the show, tonight the audience did. What more could we ask for? Don't miss it. Chapter Arts Centre, 02920 304400 Tues and Wed @ 8pm.

Comment by Simon Coates on December 11, 2013 at 0:01

Thinking of taking work to Edinburgh this year?

IdeasTap Underbelly Award 2014

Ideas Tap are teaming up with Underbelly to help theatre companies aged 18-30 take new work to the Edinburgh Fringe. We'll be divvying up £25,000 between two to six companies, and Underbelly will be providing prime time slots at their venues, priority marketing, and mentoring support.

Find out more and apply by 14 January: http://bit.ly/HraFyB

Members (170)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service