Information

Producers

An official National Theatre Wales group

A group for Producers at every scale and all those who deliver theatre projects to share ideas, experience and best practice. 

Members: 170
Latest Activity: Mar 10, 2022

Discussion Forum

Intergalactic producer required

The Intergalactic Caravan is an older persons clowning project, funded by The Newbury Corn Exchange Theatre, 101 Outdoor Arts Creation Space and the Arts Council, England.Working with a group of over…Continue

Started by Kristoffer Huball Aug 17, 2017.

Producer WANTED! Winner of two prizes: a musical project"Red Dragon and Soil Traveller" from Japan

Hello! I am Yasuro Ito in Tokyo,Japan. I am a theatre director and writer of…Continue

Tags: international, japan, musical, reddragon, producer

Started by Yasuro Ito Oct 26, 2016.

WNO Ticket offer for young people

Hi friends! For the past few months I've been working with WNO on an innovative modern opera all about student activism. This is the biggest project I've ever worked on, and I highly recommend…Continue

Tags: ticket offer, young people, Opera

Started by Emrys Barnes Jul 12, 2016.

Space 101

For anyone interested in large scale outdoor theatre... Space 101 opened last night following an amazing Devoted and Disgruntled from Improbable on the state of outdoor arts. 101 is a 10,000 sq ft…Continue

Started by Kristoffer Huball Oct 24, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Producers to add comments!

Comment by Yvonne Murphy on October 24, 2012 at 4:01

Tickets tonight all £5 for THINGS BEGINNING WITH M @ Swansea Grand

reviewed www.theatre-wales.co.uk

Support this exhausted freelance producer please

xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment by Matt Ball on October 9, 2012 at 22:11

Lucid are hosting an open space called Where are all the producers at the Sherman on Friday 19th at 6.30pm.

So where are you all? http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/open-space...

Comment by jane donoghue on September 1, 2012 at 11:09

Fresh from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival where we received a four star review, we are performing NAKED DICTATORS at Dempseys in Castle Street 10th September at 7.30 and 9p.m.  Tickets are £8 (or if you come to see Sondheim's ASSASSINS (6th & 9th Sept at 7.30) too then you get both shows for £12. So if you want an evening of new musical comedy then come along and support us and be entertained at the same time!  www.unknowntheatre.co.uk

Comment by Daniel O'Gorman on June 20, 2012 at 0:20

Interested in working professionally in the production, entertainment and music production industries?
Mercury Artist Management is looking for enthusiastic, intelligent young people who have a real drive and ambition to get involved on a professional level with one of the top agencies!
Mercury Artist Management is partnered, for 6months of the year with Wales' Biggest Talent Competition: Cardiff's Got Talent.
It is now looking for those to sign up to work for it for period of time (experience depending) to help produce, tech, scout and manage some of the hottest new and emerging artists in entertainment, theatre and music.

If you are interested, please email your CV to: rowbyrow@hotmail.co.uk

Comment by Greg Cullen on May 14, 2012 at 2:54

Hello everyone,

"Love at First Light" finishes its run at Chapter Arts Centre this Saturday.   Its been getting a great response thus far. We're in a development phase, but its still a show packed with great performances and much to relish.

The richly comic “Love at First Light”, like first love and childhood, takes place on a blissful summer’s day by the sea.  A vivid array of eccentric, hilarious and troubled characters find themselves sitting next to one another, soaking up the sun wondering what became of their first loves.  From a couple who swing, to an old woman remembering her G.I. lover, a lost Pakistani woman with a feast for her friends to a misanthropic man in search of peace to write his memoir, we unravel what brought them to this beach, which by the way seems to be playing tricks on them

“ Love at First Light” comes from the award winning team of writer Greg Cullen and choreographer Phil Williams, whose last show “Muscle” won the prestigious Herald Angel Award at the Edinburgh Festival before a successful tour of Wales. Based on interviews with real people, truth once again proves stranger than fiction as memories swing between the hilarious to the deeply moving and tender.

With a cast that includes TV presenter and actor Hannah Daniels, Trinidadian singer Mary-Ann Roberts, S4C regular Jams Thomas and newcomer Rhys Downing, “Love at First Light” is a rollercoaster of entertainment that is becoming the stock in trade for Cardiff based company Shock n Awe Performance Co.  Fans of “Muscle” will recognise the excellent Francois Pandolfo who shines alongside Lisa Zahra, Natalie Paisey and Gary Knowles.

Greg and Phil first worked together on groundbreaking productions for the National Youth Theatre of Wales such as “Café Cariad” and “An Informer’s Duty”. They formed Shock n Awe in 2010 to continue combining dance and drama in new and exciting ways. “Love at First Light” is no exception and promises a feast of music, dance and wonderful stories.

Comment by Matt Ball on May 10, 2012 at 21:11

Not in Wales but here's a paid oportunity for a producer 

Comment by Luke John Slade on May 7, 2012 at 12:18

Hey everyone i'm luke, i'm not a producer yet but i am looking for work and i'm still trying to brake into the acting industry, can you add me as your friend and help by giving me some tips, techniques you perfer and what ever you think would help to get on the stage, thank you, luke"

Comment by Jody Tozer on May 2, 2012 at 5:16

Hi everyone, I operate a scheme that helps people collaborate on short films. If you're interested in getting experience in film, please see my websitewww.bulldozerfilms.co.uk and message me your email address with the skills you have, to be added to the database

Comment by Sarah Jane Leigh on March 25, 2012 at 22:33

Hi everyone,

I'm Sarah and I just recently joined this group. I currently act as producer for a small children's theatre company called Tucked In who are based in London but Tour around the UK. I took up the post of assistant producer just after finishing my Masters in Arts Admin at Goldsmith's University in London in order to gain experience and learn about producing on the job but have had little coaching or a mentor to learn from. I was wondering if anyone knew about any shadowing opportunities with Producers in the South Wales area? As I feel like this would be invaluable experience and also would help me better my own professional practice. Any advice that anyone could offer would be gratefully accepted.

Many Thanks

Sarah 

Comment by Kenon Man on March 12, 2012 at 6:47

Sherman Cymru are organising a small scale site-specific synposium event to celebrate the last day of Grid Iron's performance Barflies on the 24th March 2012.

The synposium will take place from 2-4pm at Sherman Cymru in the basement rehearsal room. It will be hosted by Judith Doherty, the Producer and Co-Artisitic Director of Grid Iron Theatre Company, and chaired by staff from Sherman Cymru's Creative Learning team.

The synposium invites practitioners of all ages and experiences, from those with mountains of site-specific theatre making experience to those who are just intrigued by the journey that this kind of work can take them on, to attend the event. It is an opportunity to explore the work of different site-specific artists through informal chats and discussions.

This is a FREE event, if you would like to attend please RSVP with your full name to alice.nicholas@shermancymru.co.uk   

Members (170)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service