Information

Scratch that Itch

I would like to talk about going back to Scratch. We have decided to launch a Scratch theatre event offering an opportunity to theatre companies, performers and writers to show pieces of work in the very early stages of development.

Supported by NTW TEAM

Members: 127
Latest Activity: May 15, 2015

Scratch That Itch!

Scratch That Itch nights aim to give people a chance to share ideas with others and get feedback in a relaxed friendly atmosphere. It is not Britain’s got talent you wont be given feedback by a panel of judges only by those who chose to approach you to discuss your piece or those who you approach and ask or perhaps some one will leave you a note in your feedback book.

Scratch That Itch is supported by NTW TEAM. If you are interested in taking part in future events or would like us to come to your town please email:- letmescratchthatitch@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you all soon

Brent

Check out the vid of past events

Discussion Forum

What day of th eweek is best for Scratch?

So a problem I have when booking an event is finding the best day to book for the event so hit me back with some ideas. Next one will be some point after July 7th.Continue

Started by Brent Morgan Jun 6, 2013.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Scratch that Itch to add comments!

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on September 6, 2011 at 9:40
HI Brent, Hope you are free this thursday, I'd like to specifically invite you to a workshop at Chapter this thursday, there is a performance the night before if you can make it, but I think the workshop will be really good for you, let me know if you can come.
Comment by Brent Morgan on August 23, 2011 at 13:12
Can anyone make a meeting this Thursday at 12p.m. Monkey bar Swansea. please let me know or I will re schedule.
Comment by Becca Cox on August 15, 2011 at 5:22

Hi all,

An opportunity for anyone interested in theatre in Swansea. Cilgwyn are looking for 2 production interns to work with us on our new project The Belly of the Whale.

About the project: Taking inspiration from recent events in Chile and New Zealand and from the Gresford mining disaster of 1934 The Belly of the Whale will explore what happens when the human mind is left to ponder its last moments. Do you replay the best moment of your life over and over? Do you look for forgiveness? Do you seek justice? Do you try to find hope in the hopeless? Using reported speech and documents from the 1934 disaster as well as elements of Welsh mythology and folk tales, The Belly of the Whale will contrast grim reality with illusions of imagination.

We have a brilliant team of award winning artists working on the project and are looking for 2 interns to join us. You will be involved in assisting the director, choreographer and producer, helping us put together our marketing material, recording our rehearsals, blogging and contributing creatively to rehearsals.

Rehearsals run from the 29th August to the 16th September in Swansea, you need to be available for at least 7 days during this period and you will need to be available for our work in progress showing on the 16th September. We aren’t able to offer any payment for these positions but it is a great opportunity to work with an up and coming theatre company.

If you are interested in a career as a performer, director, producer or arts manager then send your CV and a covering letter letting us know why you’d like to be involved to Becca@cilgwyntheatrecompany.co.uk

Comment by Brent Morgan on August 7, 2011 at 1:25
Just to let you all know the next Scratch That Itch! event will be held on Wednesday 28th September In Monkey Bar Swansea.
If you would like to get involved please email letmescratchthatitch@gmail.com.
Comment by Chris Hoyle on July 27, 2011 at 12:26
Comment by Brent Morgan on July 27, 2011 at 0:09
Hope your enjoying your week so far.

Just a quick reminder that in Monkey Bar tonight we will be holding the second Scratch That Itch event.
The event is free (although donations are welcome) and will be held upstairs in Monkey Bar Swansea.
Again we have lots of original pieces for you all to take a gander at and the performers are looking for your feedback
in order to help the development of the piece. I've seen the line up and I'm excited to see what people have to offer.

We hope to build on the success of the first night and if you weren't at the first night - why not?

Enjoy the rest of your day and hopefully see you tonight.

Brent
Comment by Brent Morgan on July 13, 2011 at 15:08
We will be running another scratch theatre night in Swansea on Wednesday the 27th July. We will be starting at 19.30 and ending at 21.30 upstairs in Monkey bar Swansea. This time we will be giving each act a longer time slot (10mins) to show there work in and I'm really excited to see what people will bring to the table.

If anyone is interested in showing work at the event or thinks they know someone who might please get them to email me at letmescratchthatitch@gmail.com
. There will be fewer spots available at this event so get in touch sooner rather than later. There is no theme for this event so if you have had an idea you have been itching to show people then get in touch. We are also going to be trialing a new feedback method at this event so keep an eye open for that.

The last event was a great success and we hope to build on this success with our second event.
Comment by Brent Morgan on July 8, 2011 at 3:41
The next Scratch That Itch will take place on Wednesday the 27th July anyone interested in taking part please email letmescratchthatitch@gmail.com.
Comment by christine ruth howe on June 27, 2011 at 5:52

Hi Brent,

Sounds as though Scratch that Itch is doing really well, just thinking back to our Arts Enterprise networking session with Richard, we've all come a long way since then. Just completed my PGCE in Bridgend, and the college have just opened their brand new Sony Theatre so lots of exciting things happening.

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on June 27, 2011 at 3:50
Hey, Great to see you friday, how do you see the piece you performed developing x

Members (123)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service