Information

Technical

An official National Theatre Wales group

Technicians and Stage Managers or anybody interested in or working backstage.  

Members: 242
Latest Activity: Nov 23, 2021

Discussion Forum

Recruiting Stage Managers and Costume Supervisor

Started by Fiona Curtis Feb 6, 2018.

Recruiting Multi-skilled Technicians

Started by Fiona Curtis Feb 6, 2018.

PAID WORK: Designer required for outdoor theatre show.

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 23, 2017.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Technical to add comments!

Comment by Ceri James on December 9, 2015 at 2:51

Newbridge Memo 

TECHNICAL MANAGER

£21k- £22k p.a.

35 month contract

We have recently made major investments in our community venue The Memo Theatre & Ballroom in Newbridge, South East Wales. As a result we require an experienced and flexible Technical Manager to join a small team (Heritage and Culture Manager, Facilities Manager and Marketing & Events Officer) to work across the entire venue.

Applicants must have previous experience in all aspects of live performance and events such as theatre, music, film and corporate and a working knowledge of audio and audio visual equipment, lighting systems/design and build crewing experience for all forms of performing arts.

This is a full time role that will require maximum flexibility in hours in order to fully support the operational requirements of performances and events.

For job pack and application form email: enquires@newbridgememo.co.uk

Applications should be submitted no later than 7th January 2016. Interviews will be held in week commencing 11th January 16.This project has been part-funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund and European Regional Development Fund through the Welsh Government.

Comment by Samantha Quinlan on October 6, 2015 at 5:12

Hi My name is Sam Quinlan I am an old SM who graduated from RADA many moons ago, I am a parent at HMSG School in Monmouth and I am volunteering on their March 2016 production of Beauty and the Beast we have a small scale budget and are looking for a lighting designer (paid) and a set design consultant (volunteer) and Costume Designer (possibly paid)  to work with us. I have a team of production students that are eager to meet you and a full team of Artistic directors, choreographers and a Musical Director.

Our theatre is a Proscenium and we have an auditorium that seats 370.

We just need you so please email me at samhquinlan@gmail.com 

Thank you 

Comment by Julia Thomas on July 23, 2015 at 6:54

Wanted: sound / video / scenic designers

Supported by The Arts Council of Wales, Canoe Theatre are looking for three designers to work on a design concept for Three Tall Women by Edward Albee.

Canoe are embarking on an R&D project to create a design concept for the play Three Tall Women by Edward Albee. The project will consist of several days of workshops at Y Ffwrnes, Llanelli, working with Director, Julia Thomas, actors and a production manager, culminating in a sharing with invited guests.

We are looking to fill the following roles:

• Scenic Designer – must have experience of incorporating video in to a design
  • Video Designer
  • Sound Designer

Selected candidates must be available for some / all of the following dates: Friday 7th August and Monday 10th – Wednesday 12th August

Fee: £84 per day

Expenses towards travel and accommodation offered.

If you are interested, please email canoetheatre@gmail.com, including your CV and examples of your previous work.

Comment by Gerald Mandy Tyler on June 23, 2015 at 2:43

Ho there technically proficient chums - I'm selling some stuff. A full list of tidy gear (I do look after my stuff with passionate anal retention) will appear on "the Ebay" at some time soon but the major player will be my Edirol V8 video mixer. I'm likely going to be asking for about £650 for it, it's original power supply and a nice little flight/brief case.

Like I say, there'll be other loot but this is probably the most exciting single item. So if this is something you crave, let me know. 

You know - just sayin'

Comment by David Evans on June 22, 2015 at 20:56

They look brilliant - I will certainly look them up

Comment by Jacqui George on June 21, 2015 at 23:44

The fourth edition of our Paper Props Disc will be available at the ABTT on the Stage Management Association stand this week. hope you find them as interesting as we do. 

Comment by Catherine Paskell on May 11, 2015 at 9:29

Hello!

I'm looking to recruit a STAGE MANAGER for a production I'm directing, Brezhnev's Children by Olwen Wymark. It is a site-specific production happening in Hill House Hospital, an abandoned hospital in Swansea. The show is happening between 27th - 29th May. 

Responsibilities include:

- Being on book and cueing the show

- Helping to set up a simple, basic technical rig

- Supporting the rehearsal room

- Being a collaborator

- Technical experience is an advantage but not essential

Rehearsal week: 18th - 22nd May

Production week: 25th - 29th May

Shows: 27th - 29th May

Fee is £600 for flexible working hours during the rehearsal and production weeks

If you're interested and available for the dates above, get in touch with a message and please include your CV. You can email me at catherinepaskell @ gmail.com

Thank you!

Comment by James Robert Auheb on April 16, 2015 at 1:23
'Someone Who'll Watch Over Me' is on tonight at St. David's Hall. It's an amazing play with three very talented performers, first night tonight, only £5 because you are a member of NTW! Just turn up at the box office and quote NTWSOMEONE

Elaine Paton came to see the dress rehearsal, read her blog post here...
http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/you-won-t-...
Comment by Gwion Llwyd on February 16, 2015 at 11:21

Hi!

Pontio Bangor are looking for a full time Theatre Sound Technician.  Please forward to anyone who might be interested.

Details here

https://jobs.bangor.ac.uk/details.php.en?id=QLYFK026203F3VBQB7V68LO...

diolch

Gwion

Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on January 27, 2015 at 2:44

NTW TEAM are offering placements to provide training and skill development in

DESIGN,

TECHNICAL

& STAGE MANAGEMENT

on National Theatre Wales's next production in Merthyr Tydfil! Read my blog for more information and application details HERE

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service