Information

Technical

An official National Theatre Wales group

Technicians and Stage Managers or anybody interested in or working backstage.  

Members: 242
Latest Activity: Nov 23, 2021

Discussion Forum

Recruiting Stage Managers and Costume Supervisor

Started by Fiona Curtis Feb 6, 2018.

Recruiting Multi-skilled Technicians

Started by Fiona Curtis Feb 6, 2018.

PAID WORK: Designer required for outdoor theatre show.

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 23, 2017.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Technical to add comments!

Comment by Martin Constantine on September 16, 2014 at 6:17

Hello - liveartshow is looking for a tour stage manager for The Future for Beginners. The tours runs for up to eight performances from 20 November - 6 December throughout Wales.  

The show has previously played at the WMC and Edinburgh Fringe winning MTN's Best New Musical Award. 

For more details including payment and full schedule please contact us at liveartshow@yahoo.co.uk - a full driving licence would be necessary.

If you could include a brief CV and a telephone number it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment by Sarah Jane Leigh on September 15, 2014 at 2:06

Hello, I'm back and looking for a production manager/stage manager for a small Welsh tour: 

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/hiraeth-pa...

Please have a look and get in contact if you are interested.

Best Wishes

Sarah

Comment by Sarah Jane Leigh on August 12, 2014 at 0:36

Hello, I'm looking for a hands on Production Manager for a research and development project with August 012. It is paid work and details are in the blog attached . . . 

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/urgent-pro...

Comment by Ceri James on August 6, 2014 at 1:10

NEWBRIDGE MEMO

TECHNICAL MANAGER

4 YEAR CONTRACT

£21k-£22k

We have recently made major investments in our community venue The Memo Theatre & Ball Room in Newbridge, South East Wales

As a result we require an experienced and flexible Technical Manager to join a small team (Heritage and Culture Manager and Facilities Manager) to work across the entire venue. 

Applicants must have previous technical experience in all aspects of live performance and events along with an excellent knowledge of audio and AV equipment and stage lighting systems.

This is a full time role that will require maximum flexibility in hours in order to fully support the operational requirements of performances and events. 

For an informal discussion about the role please contact: Ceri James on 07966 015 041

For job pack and application form email: newbridgememo1@aol.com

Applications should be submitted no later than 2nd of  September 2014. Interviews will be held 16th September 2014. This project has been part-funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund and European Regional Development Fund through the Welsh Government.

Comment by Alan Harris on July 27, 2014 at 3:28

Liveartshow is looking for an operator for The Future for Beginners at the Demonstration Room, Summerhall, at the Edinburgh Fringe from 1-24 August (not 12 or 19), 3.40pm. The show runs for one hour (with 15 mins get-in and get-out) and has just had three successful previews at the WMC.

The tech is on July 31 from 2pm to 5pm.
Pay: £15 per show, £30 for tech.

This position might suit someone who is already operating a show at the Fringe. The operator must be familiar with QLab.

Please contact: liveartshow@yahoo.co.uk

If you could include a brief CV and a telephone number it would be much appreciated.

Here's a little about the company:

liveartshow

And a few show pics:

Comment by Catherine Paskell on June 25, 2014 at 2:03

PAID STAGE MANAGER ROLE - I am looking for a stage manager for one week to work on a production in Chapter, Cardiff between 21 - 26 July. This is mostly a DSM role and you will need to call the show in performance. If you are interested please email catherinepaskell[at]gmail.com and I will get back to you. Thanks Cx

Comment by Gavin Porter on June 23, 2014 at 4:53

***Job***

Hi I am producing an Assembly (performance/debate event) in Butetown Cardiff on 1st July and the technician I had in place is unable to work on the event. I am looking for some with light/sound skills. This is 4 days paid work. if you are interested please email gavinporter[at]nationaltheatrewales.org with a brief CV  

Comment by Rowena Louise Bernice Scurlock on June 21, 2014 at 23:56
Hello techies, my name is Rowena and I'm looking for lighting/sound operators to take with me to the Edinburgh fringe 2014 for my one woman show Modern Living. Unfortunately this is an unpaid opportunity at the moment dependent on funding. If your interested or want to find out more email leftfieldtheatrecompany@gmail.com thank you
Comment by Richard Norton on April 9, 2014 at 21:19

Hi David

Try Andy Freemantle, Yacht Rigger. He is local and may have be able to source some. andy@yachtrigger.co.uk

Comment by David Evans on April 9, 2014 at 7:44

ROPE

Help

We are looking for rope, lots of it.

Has anyone just redone their flying system? Anything 8mm and up? We are looking for 30 plus meter lengths.

It is to be used decoratively not for any lifting and if you are concerned about its future we can ensure that it is disposed of so that it cannot be used again.

But we are looking for lots, kilometers of it, miles of it. It really doesn't mater how it is measured, just lots.

Any help much appreciated, any suggestions gratefully received.

David

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service