Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on February 4, 2016 at 1:28

Who's coming to the march on Saturday! Its our futures! 2pm at the Museum Cardiff

Comment by Emrys Barnes on December 2, 2015 at 11:04

New company Fucktons of Fairies are putting on our first play! Mark Ravenhill's Shoot/ Get Treasure/ Repeat is a punchy dark comedy, challenging the 'War on Terror', and we'll be raising money for the refugee crisis. Details below, hope you can make it!

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on December 1, 2015 at 2:36

Dear John...

'Dear John. Dear John.
By the time you read these lines I'll be gone. 
Life goes on, right or wrong ' (always wanted to sing that from the TV show)

Contemplating a Theatrical Wales without John? 

A big thankyou for helping change the face of Welsh theatre and helping existing and new artists to work. Wishing John all the luck for the future...there's always a welcome in the hillside...and a cup of tea xxxxxx

Comment by Catherine Paskell on September 30, 2015 at 10:56

Dirty Protest are looking for writers!

We are hitting the road with our new show Parallel Lines and we want YOU to come along for the ride!

Dirty Protest are taking advantage of our upcoming road trip around Wales to introduce ourselves, meet the wealth of writers dotted all over the country and to celebrate the diverse and exciting theatre voices we have here.

We strive to create exciting new work and new writing by collaborating with established AND wannabe writers.

Since 2007 Dirty Protest Theatre have produced numerous sell-out new play nights and have worked with over a hundred writers and we’re hungry and eager to work with more!

If you're a writer, or aspiring writer who has never written a play before, you can participate in our FREE upcoming workshops happening in 4 venues across North, South and West Wales.

You'll develop a new script with our Crack Team of professional DP writer, director and actors. Then you'll have your play performed in your local venue that same evening by our lovely, hunky, talented, team.

Take a look at this blog here to find which venue is near you and the dates we'll be in town. Then email us to join in!

We are looking forward to working with you - in English or Welsh.

Catherine and all at DP x 

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on September 19, 2015 at 23:50

Am currently sorting out all my academic folders wondering what to keep or recycle and will I ever go back to lecturing. I am coming across all my notes on practitioners, Brecht, Grotowski, Boal, Artaud etc...it made me think about... as writers how can we be equipped to write without knowing where we have come from as theatre makers and do we need this knowledge? Is this an area that is being neglected? As writers do we need to be exploring more experimental work and ways of working? Pushing boundaries? Doing what only theatre can do? There are some practitioners in Wales who are doing this. But...Do we need to preserve this and explore more training opportunities to allow writers to write in more challenging ways?

Comment by Claire Louise Prosser on August 14, 2015 at 6:03

Call out to participants to be part of performance workshop/research about coexistence..

We are human beings. A species of mammal on this earth. We have primitive needs and requirements to survive. We coexist.  What do these things mean in the modern day? What are human relationships built on?

I am really excited to be developing some workshops, sessions, actions that is part of some research of mine into new ways of working as an artist, producer, collaborator, human being. I am looking into creative collaboration around themes of needs, cooperation and coexistence. Much of my work previously has always been about navigating a space, about our relationship to our environment and paying attention to human behaviours or movements. I am treating this workshop as hopefully one of many experimental processes.

Without going into too much detail yet, the workshop will involve working together, moving together, leaning on each other, writing together, speaking and not speaking, eating together and being silent.

This will happen…

On: Sunday 30th August 2015

We will: Arrive at 10.30am for an 11am start

At: Wales Millennium Centre, Preseli Room.

An will cost: nothing (thank you WMC!)

The first workshop will be responding to an interview that I saw on television recently. A man was holding a bird of prey. The largest of three sea eagles on earth. The interviewer asked what their relationship is built from. He answered with three elements. Trust. Food and Routine. We will explore these three things. It may take us one day to (un)cover one of these things. It may take us 30 minutes for each. What I know is the starting point, the content is up to us all when we are together.

Please could you confirm your attendance by Sunday 23rd August. If you are unable to attend please let me know if you would like to be included in future updates of this project.

Claire Prosser

clairelouiseprosser@outlook.com

www.byclaireprosser.com

Comment by Rowan Talbot on August 11, 2015 at 3:55

Call Out for Performing Artists/ Filmakers/ Theatre Makers / Live Artists / Community Groups / Comedy

We are looking for people to be involved in our Black History Month Programme in Cardiff in the form of film, music, drama, storytelling, dance etc. 

We are particularly interested in hearing from Black artists and performers but also those with a connection to our themes of ‘Strong Black Women’ with a Welsh/Local link.

If you know of anybody who may be interested in showcasing their talents, please send details to fran@fizzievents.com or rowantalbot@fizzievents.com

Comment by National Theatre Wales on July 29, 2015 at 3:57

Welcome Playwrights' Studio Wales, and well done Tim and Mike on all the hard work to bring this to fruition.

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on July 28, 2015 at 23:29

great to hear, inspiring stuff.

reading the website: '15 commissioned plays in three years'  - sound like lots of opportunities, lets hope some new exciting Welsh Voices regardless of age and background are discovered and nurtured.

With the roles - will there be job interview selection?

Comment by Rowan Talbot on July 22, 2015 at 9:05

SCRATCH PLATFORM 6 

We are still have slots available for SP6 this Sunday - 7.30 - Four Bars.

If you have some work to share and you would like a 10 minute slot email rowan@fizzievents.com.

Here are some details...

Do You Want To Perform at our Birthday Scratch Platform?

10 min slots now up for grabs - Performance Art, Live Art, Comedy, Cabaret, Experimental Music, Spoken Word...

Try something new or breath life into older work. We always have a fantastic, supportive and generous audience. Get feed back AND IT'S FREE!!

If you don't want to perform come along and enjoy an utterly brilliant Sunday night with a pint.

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service