Assembly 2013/2014/2015

Information

Assembly 2013/2014/2015

We are inviting proposals from across Wales from anyone who has an idea on what subject the next National Theatre Wales Assembly should explore, and where it can take place. The date is set for March 29th 2014.

Assembly is a rousing performance/debate event that responds to local or global issues in a creative setting with time during the performance for the audience to debate and react.

Members: 71
Latest Activity: Apr 21, 2015

Discussion Forum

What are your thoughts about NTW Assembly and how it can develop? 5 Replies

Hi, i am the new Creative Associate at National Theatre Wales and I am responsible for the Assembly programe for the next two years. I have a few Ideas about how Assembly can develop but I wondered…Continue

Started by Gavin Porter. Last reply by Paul Jenkins Jul 22, 2013.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Assembly 2013/2014/2015 to add comments!

Comment by Gavin Porter on January 5, 2014 at 9:39

We you like to collaborate with NTW on our next Assembly?

We are inviting proposals from across Wales from anyone who has an idea on what subject the next National Theatre Wales Assembly should explore, and where it can take place. The date is set for March 29th 2014.

If you would like to collaborate with National Theatre Wales on an exciting and innovative project that looks at local or global issues in a creative way, we would like to hear from you.

We are excepting proposals from across Wales from anyone who has an idea for the next Assembly, this can be an individual, a community group or voluntary organisation or people working in the creative sector, we'd love to hear from anyone. The deadline for proposals is no later than 5pm on 2nd February 2014.

Proposals will then be shortlisted and the shortlist will be put to a public vote.

We are particularly interested in hearing ideas that have a local and national/global relevance.

If you have any questions or would like to meet up for a chat or talk over the phone then please get in touch with me. my email is gavinporter@nationaltheatrewales.org and my mobile number is 07889757662 

Comment by Gavin Porter on October 25, 2013 at 0:52

Treorchy filmmaker Hugh Griffiths has been asking people 'What is the soul of the Rhondda?'

What is the Soul of the Rhondda? from National Theatre Wales on Vimeo.

Comment by Gavin Porter on October 17, 2013 at 4:48

So the Rhondda Assembly is only ten days away and things are really beginning to take shape. We have assembled an amazing crew of different artists who, over the next week or so, will be shaping the Assembly. This Assembly will be a development of those before it, because we have access to a whole building we have decided to use different spaces to explore different questions. This will also be the first Assembly that will be live streamed on the internet, this will allow people from across the web to watch and have an input into the event.

So far the people we have involved are:

Sion Tomos Owen

Kyle Legall

Matthew Thomas Britton

Chris Young

Thomas Williams

Angharad Lee

Nerea Martinez de Lecea

Hugh Griffiths

Terry Chinn

This is a free event but dont forget to book your tickets here.

Comment by Gavin Porter on September 19, 2013 at 23:49

I've been asking people what question does the Rhondda Valleys most want to Ask?

So far people have said:
'Where CAN the Rhondda Valleys sit in the cultural and economic landscape of Wales?' 

'Can the Rhondda Valleys escape the past and Fashion a viable future?' 

'What are our opportunities?'

'Do we matter/does the Rhondda matter?'

What would your question be?

Comment by Gavin Porter on September 16, 2013 at 2:06

NATIONAL THEATRE WALES and PeerGrouP

ARTIST DEVELOPMENT RESIDENCY 

National Theatre Wales are partnering with one of The Netherlands' leading theatre companies working in site-specific theatre: PeerGrouP. Together we will be offering a 5-day artist development residency looking at the approach, in-depth methodologies and ethos of this forward-thinking company. Artists will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in PeerGrouP’s unique practice and find ways to apply it to their own work.

PeerGrouP say:
"Instead of focusing on what to make in situ, we focus on how to make in situ. How does an artist develop a creative/artistic process, which really connects to and is specific for the site where you're working? These workshops are a way to learn to look at a location with new eyes, but also at your own way of creating work." 

We are looking for 8 artists from Wales, working in any discipline with a performance element to their practice, to join PeerGrouP in Powys between 13th and 16th November. Your travel to and from the residency will be provided as well as accommodation for the duration. 

To apply please send an expression of interest (text or video link) outlining:

• Who you are
  • What you do
  • Why you would like to be involved
  • Links to where we can find your work online

Email Gavin Porter by 12 noon on 27 September.

Comment by Gavin Porter on July 18, 2013 at 22:19

Energy, Energy, Energy - One of the things that interested me about the subject of Energy on Anglesey was that there was a spectrum of opinions. Below are two examples from people who attended the Anglesey Assembly.

John Davies - Angelsey Assembly from Gavin Porter on Vimeo.

Dylan - Anglesey Assembly from Gavin Porter on Vimeo.

Comment by Gavin Porter on June 12, 2013 at 23:43

‘Anglesey is an island full of energy: people energy, potential energy, wind and nuclear, and it is energy that Assembly will explore.’

Assembly is a performance/debate event that responds to a local issue in a creative setting, leaving space for the audience to discuss and react.

NTW's first (UK based) Assembly of 2013 is one week away and if I'm honest I'm getting a tad bit excited. This will be the first Assembly that I will have the pleasure of Directing and I'm beginning to feel like a coiled spring, wound up with anticipation over what will be created next week. From speaking to people on Anglesey it seems almost everyone has an opinion on energy production in relation to the Island, Nuclear and Wind being the most obvious. Assembly will be an entertaining theatrical evening where there is a chance for the audience debate the issue of Energy. 

We have a wonderful Cast and Crew assembled.

Performers: 

Angharad Evans -http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profile/CatrinAngharadEvans

Iestyn Lewis - http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profile/IestynLewis

Simon Holland Roberts - http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profile/SimonHollandRoberts

Siwan Llynor - http://www.siwanllynor.co.uk/

Crew:

Buddug Jones - Designer

Kyle Legall - Artsit In Residence at NTW

Laura Savelkoul - Student from Amsterdam Theaterschool

Luke Pell - maker/curator/facilitator

Gwenda Parry - Production Manager

Neil Williams - Stage Manager (possible performer)

Sion Gregory - Tech

Although we have a core group of performers if you are a poet, actor, singer, band etc and you'd like to get involved in the production give me a call on 07889757662. We will be rehearsing in Theatr Fach Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The event will be taking place on 20th June, 7pm - 9pm, Llangefni Town Hall.

Comment by Gavin Porter on June 11, 2013 at 4:16

Comment by Gavin Porter on June 11, 2013 at 4:15

Comment by Gavin Porter on May 29, 2013 at 21:49

So the time is fast approaching the for the first Assembly I will have been involved in since my appointment as Creative Associate in May. I am beginning to get excited about what will be created between now and the 20th. I am beginning to put a team together and we will start rehearsing/devising on 17th June. 

After our visit to the Island and speaking to people from the community we have decided to look at energy as a theme. Naively, I thought that the issue was clear cut - Wind=Good, Nuclear=Bad - But this is not the case, Wylfa-A, Wylfa-B, onshore wind, offshore wind, there are pros and cons for all.  

Within a creative setting, using performance, poetry, song etc the Assembly will explore what are the opportunities and pitfalls of energy production on the Island, but also look at the issue within a global context and provide space for the audience to debate these issues and respond.

If your in the area please come along to Llangefni Town Hall, 7pm, 20th June 

Members (67)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service