Information

CRITICAL CHINWAG

Critical Chinwag is a new review & social night by me (Hi, I’m Bud by the way!) and NTW TEAM. 

Members: 108
Latest Activity: Jan 19, 2017

WHAT IS CRITICAL CHINWAG

Critical Chinwag is an an opportunity to see a variety of different performances. It allows for bigger theatre discussion across Wales on the NTW pages and encourage more theatre chin-wagging. Reviewing a show on your own can be scary so through having a chat in a group you can have more confidence and freedom to say what you want.

Simply, Critical Chinwag is a way for you to see different performances, discuss theatre and meet new and interesting people! 

When you come to a Critical Chinwag night you will receive...

- A free ticket for the selected show

- A post-show bevvy (wine, beer, sangria, squash...)

- A chance to discuss theatre and meet new people

In return we ask for you to...

- As a group, give your honest opinions of the show.

- Tweet and blog your thoughts on here and Twitter

- Have a good chin-wag and enjoy your night!

To be involved...

You must be a member of NTW TEAM to come to a Critical Chinwag night - If you are not a member, you can find more info about TEAM and become a member here 

We offer a small amount of tickets for each show, so if you are not successful the first time fear not! It’s nothing personal, just keep on trying! And all you need to do is send me an e-mail by the deadline specified for each night. 

Details of each events will be updated on here so keep your eyes peeled! And if you want to find out more feel free to e-mail me on buddugjjones@hotmail.com

Discussion Forum

My Body Welsh - Critical Chinwag @Galeri Caernarfon 26.1.17

(Originally posted on Rachel Risen's blog pages on January 19th 2017)Would you like the chance to see a piece of current theatre for free and join a group of us in the bar afterwards for a chat about…Continue

Started by rachel rosen Jan 19, 2017.

Light Waves Dark Skies

Here's my review of We Made This' Light Waves Dark Skies:…Continue

Started by Tom Wentworth Dec 7, 2016.

Can Yr Adar/ Birdsong, Theatr Mwldan

I was curious to see this performance, and a little unconvinced that it would work. A bilingual fusion of soul folk and jazz to tell the tale of a Welsh rainforest (is there such a thing?) seemed a…Continue

Tags: Welsh, bilingual, Crawford, Meriel, Kizzy

Started by Rozanna Niazi Nov 7, 2016.

Critical Chinwag - LIGHT WAVES DARK SKIES - 30th NOVEMBER at CHAPTER ARTS CENTRE

Hello! It's that time again... Yes, it's Critical Chinwag! So do come and join me for TEAM's always popular social and review event.This time I'm very excited to be hosting the Critical Chinwag for…Continue

Started by Tom Wentworth Nov 5, 2016.

@CriticalChinwag

Loading… Loading feed

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of CRITICAL CHINWAG to add comments!

Comment by Eric Ngalle Charles on April 15, 2015 at 1:40

The play was exceptionally entertaining and highly comical. though existing in a kind of ''creepy setup'', and each characters covered in various complexities, the play was totally believable. Audrey exudes promiscuity, the incestuous relationship that goes on between Ingrid and Roland is not over amplified. The blend between Religion and the secular, ''paradise lost'' escapism, Xenophobia all themes well explored. As a dramatic Irony for me, the Blavatsky's were actually the ''Crushed''. Is Roland suffering from some sort of linguistic impediment? for some one who has gained worldly knowledge just by watching TV, he seemed to have an encyclopaedia when it came to swearing, adding the dramatic effect. Would I watch Blavatsky's tower again, Yes indeed.     

Comment by Sophie McKeand on March 25, 2015 at 23:42

I don't really know how to add to that. She's summed the evening up brilliantly!

Comment by Sophie McKeand on March 25, 2015 at 23:40

The wonderful Rachel Rosen wrote a great blog about our Critical Chinwag at Clwyd Theatr Cymru for Y Fenyw Ddaeth O'r Mor here:

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/y-fenyw-dd...

Comment by Sophie McKeand on March 10, 2015 at 4:55

Dear TEAM members,

Critical Chinwag is back - this time in north Wales! 

We’re going to see Theatr Genedlaethol Cymru’s adaptation of Henrik Ibsen’s play The Lady from the Sea (Y Fenyw Ddaeth o’r Mor), translated into Cymraeg by the inspirational Menna Elfyn. 

In return for a FREE ticket and some lovely after-show refreshments Critical Chinwag participants agree to meet in the Haydn Rees room after the show and have a nice informal chinwag about the production. After that we ask that you tweet and/or blog about the experience and continue the discussion here on the NTW Community website page.

I’m a Welsh learner so the opportunity to try out a new Smartphone app called Sibrwd (meaning ‘Whispers’ in English) is really interesting to me. We download the app, plug in an earphone and listen to the whispered English prompts during the performance. What a fantastic idea! I’m dying to know if it works.

I’m happy to chat afterwards in Welsh and English (although my Welsh isn’t yet proficient enough to discuss the ins-and-outs of a play in depth).

You need to be an ntwTEAM member to apply for a ticket, so if you haven’t already done so set up a profile on NTW Community here: http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/ and email: team@nationaltheatrewales.org to book a seat. (We only have a small number of tickets for this show so it’s first-come, first-serve.)

The performance we’ll go to see is Friday 20th March. 7.30pm, Clwyd Theatre Cymru, Mold.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to meeting some new friends!

Sophie

Comment by Buddug James Jones on October 8, 2014 at 1:24

Hi all!

So I know it's been a looooong time since we did our last Critical Chinwag, but we are back and our first show back is going to be a right corker!

On Wednesday 15th of October (next Wednesday), we will be hitting Aberystwyth Arts Centre to see FAÇADE by Crashmat Collective.

FAÇADE is a circus-dining theater show, where you receive a 3-course meal served by circus performers set in 'Claude's Restaurant'. The circus happens all around you, up close, above and even at your table!

Here is a little taster (see what I did there!) of the show-

http://youtu.be/bLw-kSpa0xI

Critical Chinwag are offering FREE, that's right FREE tickets to see FAÇADE at Aberystywth Arts Centre! That's free food, free circus, and a chance to chat with a group about the show after over a pint! 

Tickets are limited so please let us know by FRIDAY whether you would like a ticket. Please e-mail either myself on buddugjjones@hotmail.com or Laura on laurathomas@nationaltheatrewales.org .

Comment by Emma MacNab on May 18, 2014 at 7:54

Hi Bud! Just wondering whether you had another Critical Chinwag planned? x

Comment by Rowena Louise Bernice Scurlock on November 10, 2013 at 22:39

Hi there my name's Rowena. Our production Humbug is being performed at the Chapter Stiwdio Theatre on the 18th 19th and 20th of December. Would it be possible if you can come along and review it for us? As Dean and myself need honest feedback to develop the piece further.

Thank you.

Comment by Rachel Fisher on October 20, 2013 at 9:32

"if you have anything you want to see, let me know and I can see if I can arrange a night for it!"

I asked and it's been arranged! Buddug Jones you star!

Really looking forward to Headlong's 1984. Thank you!

Comment by Buddug James Jones on October 19, 2013 at 23:14

Next Critical Chinwag! 1984 by Headlong Theatre

Hi all!

The next Critical Chinwag will be on November 5th to see '1984' by Headlong Theatre in Sherman Cymru, Cardiff.

Last time, we went to see 'Schrödinger' by Reckless Sleepers and here's what we talked about!

This time, were' seeing '1984'. I probably don't need to tell you the story of this one! There have been many stage adaptions of Orwell's novel, some good, some not so good.... so it will be interesting to see and discuss what Headlong Theatre make of it as part of their national tour!

The trailer is enough to sell me...

If you would like to join us for a night to see the show for FREE, meet new people and discuss the show after please e-mail me on buddugjjones@hotmail.com to express your interests. Tickets are limited so please don't leave it too late! Deadline - FRIDAY 1st NOV

Comment by Buddug James Jones on August 29, 2013 at 10:37

Haha sorry Franky boy! I'm super excited to see it!

I'll come to Swansea soon I promise! P.S if you have anything you want to see, let me know and I can see if I can arrange a night for it! 

Bud xx

Members (105)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service