Who's in Edinburgh 2019?

Information

Who's in Edinburgh 2019?

National Theatre Wales are off to Edinburgh Festival Fringe this year, with Cotton Fingers and For All I Care, and we want to link up with as many Wales-based companies as possible in the run up the Fringe, and during.

Comment on this group to let us know if you, your company, or a play you recommend is there. Be great to support all the Welsh companies heading up there!

Also, please feel free to use this group to look for accommodation, travel buddies and cross-promotion opportunities - such as exit flyering each other's shows, and supporting activity on the ground.

If you're thinking of going up to Edinburgh, take a look at their website to find out what's on: https://www.edfringe.com/

We'll try our best to share as much info as possible through our social channels, too.

Members: 43
Latest Activity: Jul 25, 2019

Discussion Forum

Shows in EdFringe 2019 3 Replies

If you're taking a show/working/performing/have fancied a show you've seen, share it here!Continue

Started by Rhian Richards. Last reply by Isabelle Paige May 24, 2019.

Any accommodation questions / concerns or vacancies? Add them here 1 Reply

This discussion is intended to help people chat about all things Accommodation while at the FringeContinue

Started by Rhian Richards. Last reply by Ffion Jones May 22, 2019.

What do you recommend in Fringe 2019?

Pop your recommendations in here for the 2019 festival!xContinue

Started by Rhian Richards Jun 21, 2016.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Who's in Edinburgh 2019? to add comments!

Comment by Sue Schilperoort on August 7, 2014 at 21:19

Anyone in Edinburgh fancy meeting up? Maybe early next week to give us time to communicate?

Comment by Sue Schilperoort on August 5, 2014 at 23:00

Two 4-star reviews in 2 days - please come!

THREEWEEKS review:

An Audience With Shurl (Dramatic Change)

Sue Bevan is an incredibly gifted storyteller. Welcoming us, in character, as we enter the room, she is already entirely in control of her audience, and she never loses that throughout the next 55 minutes. Things begin with warmth and humour, dipping into moments of shock, horror and sympathy at breakneck speed, but never losing us for even a moment. It's gripping, immersive stuff, and powerfully emotional. The time flew by, and at the end I was exhausted: happy and sad at the same time, feeling like I'd heard the true confessions of a real woman, not an artfully constructed and skilfully portrayed character. I'm not quite sure what I expected, but I didn't expect to be moved so completely.
Spotlites @ The Merchants' Hall, until 23 Aug.
tw rating 4/5 | [Andrew Leask]

And BROADWAY BABY

http://www.broadwaybaby.com/shows/an-audience-with-shurl/700592

Would be GREAT to see you there! 5pm Spotlites, Hanover Street (55min)

Comment by Anastacia Ackers on August 4, 2014 at 20:40

Hi NTW!! InterAct (Wales) are up here with Death Shall Have No Dominion, a two part production that looks at reputations and how they are lost and won on the battlefield. Part One explores Richard III and Part Two tells the story of the 38th Battalion at the Battle of Mametz Wood. We would love to see you there!

http://edinburghfestival.list.co.uk/article/62899-edinburgh-festiva...

Comment by Laura H Drane on July 30, 2014 at 4:33

hey there, we're at Dance Base with www.twitter.com/wondersedfringe and bit.ly/wondersedfringe - do come if you can!

Comment by Hijinx Theatre on July 28, 2014 at 0:15

We're taking Snoutology for Beginners to Summerhall - a seminar delivered by dogs in the old veterinary college! Please come along and say hello.

http://www.hijinx.org.uk/news/2014/07/09/snoutology-for-beginners-a...

Comment by Becca Cox on July 27, 2014 at 9:12

Hi all,

We're in Edinburgh this year with The Greatest Liar in all the World, 3.30pm Pleasance Beside. We're there all month so pop in and see us. Also, we've got space in a van heading from Wales to London to Edinburgh on Monday/Tuesday this week. Anyone need to move anything up?

Becca. x

Comment by George Goding on July 26, 2014 at 4:19

adrift.jpg

'After a failed mutiny, three men find themselves cast adrift on a piece of wood.

An arrogant Englishmen, an angry Welshman and an infuriatingly simple man from the West Country.

Together, they must overcome their differences in the face of death...'

Hi Everyone,

We have a show in the Ed Fringe Festival this year, we are doing a preview of the show this Monday and Tuesday at Chapter!

£10 a ticket would love to see you there!

Comment by Alan Harris on July 23, 2014 at 2:36

Good luck Rowena! Hopefully we can catch each other's shows.

Very best, Alan

Comment by Rowena Louise Bernice Scurlock on July 23, 2014 at 2:21
Hi there it's my first time in Edinburgh, and my company Leftfield Theatre is taking my one woman play 'Modern Living' there.
It's on between the 2-16 August at the Space Uk @ Jury's Inn, 43 Jeffery Street Edinburgh. Times of performance is between 12-1pm.
Hope to seen you there.
Comment by Alan Harris on July 19, 2014 at 20:36

PS

Here's a list of the companies who are this year's Wales In Edinburgh award winners, supported by the Arts Council of Wales:

Wales In Edinburgh 2014

Chapter - Welsh Dance Strand - Dialogue (Jo Fong)

Cwmni'r Fran Wen - Dim Diolch

Dirty Protest - Last Christmas

Kitsch & Sync Collective - Last Chance Romance

Laura H Drane Associates Ltd - Wonders of The Universe by Karol Cysewski

Liveartshow – The Future for Beginners

Miles Productions - The Welsh Hellraisers Tour

Mr and Mrs Clark - Sometimes We Look – Edinburgh

Sound Affairs 25th Anniversary -- Sound Affairs in Edinburgh

TaikaBox - Going Beyond the Performance in Edinburgh

Volcano Theatre Company Ltd - 147 Questions about Love

Members (43)

image block identification