Information

Improv - Is it?

UPDATE: Unfortunately I no longer live in Cardiff, but feel free to e-mail me anyway, and if anyone wishes to continue improvising in Wales I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who can point you in the right direction. Best of luck to you all!

Hi I’m Charlie. And from November onwards I have found myself in the privileged position to be running weekly Improv sessions in Cardiff with the help of NTW TEAM. For me, the core of Improv is the stories, how do we make stories, what makes them interesting, why is one story more engaging than another. As such, we shall be picking apart the stories we know and the stories we create to see what works and what doesn't.

So if you’re interested in taking part email me at charliemhammond@gmail.com, and a little background on yourself, why you're interested, what kind of theatre you're into, etc, would be greatly appreciated. We start November 6th, 6.30-9.30, at Cardiff Masonic Hall, 8 Guildford Street, CF10 2HL (it is just around the corner from Gwdihw). Places are limited and this needs dedication. If you are unable to attend on a weekly basis it becomes incredibly difficult to produce a group dynamic. Also, the more turns you take in exercises and the more you fail, the more you’ll learn. If you come and you’re amazing at everything, they’ll be nothing to teach. So come suck at something with a smile on your face.

Members: 26
Latest Activity: Aug 19, 2014

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Improv - Is it? to add comments!

Comment by Charlie Hammond on November 19, 2012 at 4:28

No problem Abbie, it will be pretty casual, so don't worry, its basically just a nice way to work with people and think about creativity and stories and such. Look forward to seeing you there

Comment by Nathan Keates on November 18, 2012 at 9:31

Maybe, as I have no rehearsals, with others from there too.

Comment by Charlie Hammond on November 18, 2012 at 8:12

If any new members wish to come along this Tuesday, you are more than welcome, 6.30 at Cardiff Masonic Hall, near Gwidhw. I look forward to seeing you there. 

Comment by Nathan Keates on November 11, 2012 at 7:42

Last Tuesday @ 6.30, Cardiff masonic hall, near Gwidhw.

Comment by Ellen Morris on November 11, 2012 at 2:52

Hiya, could you please tell me what days they will be commencing?

I had it written down but I seemed to have misplaced it.

Thanks

Ellen

Comment by Devinda De Silva on November 6, 2012 at 4:13

Good luck Charlie!

Comment by Charlie Hammond on November 6, 2012 at 1:20

The day has come. 6.30, Cardiff masonic hall, near Gwidhw. See you there

Comment by Nathan Keates on November 5, 2012 at 0:06

I cant be there, but my soul will be. I'll have to have it back at intervals during that evening too.

Comment by Polly on November 1, 2012 at 9:04

Looking forward to it :)

Comment by Charlie Hammond on November 1, 2012 at 2:13

Important news! Firstly, this is next Tues - so if you are interested in attending please give me an email so that I may confirm your attendance. Secondly,  the venue and time have changed, it will now be 6.30-9.30, at Cardiff Masonic Hall, 8 Guildford Street, CF10 2HL (it is just around the corner from Gwdihw, I shall be waiting outside). If there are any problems with this please don't hesitate to contact me and if you do need to get a hold of me to find the venue, etc, my phone number is 07740873034. 

Members (23)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service