The Village Social - NTW15

Information

The Village Social - NTW15

The evening's delights include entry into the raffle, a refreshment of your choice and a depraved orgy of blood.

Website: http://nationaltheatrewales.org/whatson/performance/ntw15
Members: 83
Latest Activity: Feb 23, 2012

Check out some of the production images from the show in the gallery below.

Photo Credit: Farrows Creative/National Theatre Wales.

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of The Village Social - NTW15 to add comments!

Comment by Miranda Ballin on November 1, 2011 at 11:08

Big Big thank you to John and Lucy , Dafydd and Ben and the cast and crew of Village Social to the human dynamo Fiona and very especially to the amazing Ms Catherine Paskell - the Penygraig Youth Theatre had a ball on our mini tour with you - and the Rhondda is still belly laughing over the production - from

Miranda and Ian xxxx

Comment by National Theatre Wales on October 31, 2011 at 10:28
Lovely responses in the press over the weekend.  Here's what the Observer had to say.  Well done everyone, from Daf and Ben to all the cast, to the many branches of the Woodcraft Folk, and our wonderful Village Hall hosts!
Comment by Ryan Davies on October 31, 2011 at 9:58
Well what a day I had Friday, I loved every minute of it!  Performing with the NTW was alot of fun.  I felt so priviliged when I had an audience member come up to me the next day and reconised me as one of the performers. I felt like a famous actor, Thank you so much for the opportunity and I would love to perform with you all again.
Comment by Miriam Scott on October 30, 2011 at 23:42
Saw the show at Llangwm on Thursday - fantastic entertainment just before Halloween Village hall as packed as it could be with audience, equipment musicians actors autumn glamour and extraordinary happenings....and all happening in a "real" village hall half an hour away from our village! We laughed from start to finish. In fact my partner is determined we shall see it again and are going to catch it again at Criccieth this Thursday on a trip northwards. I will never see the Woodcraft folk or indeed quietly anonymous Pembrokeshire villages in the same way ever again!!!! Congratulations NTW!!
Comment by Geraint Desmond on October 26, 2011 at 20:40
The best NTW so far. Dealt with important issues. Maybe this was hidden by the 'silliness' for some people though?
Comment by Lucy Davies on October 26, 2011 at 10:21

Rudry: lentil soup

Penygraig: hallowe'en party food

Neath: chips and amazing cup cakes

thinking we should create an award for best tucker provided on tour...?

Comment by Tessa Sillars-Powell on October 26, 2011 at 10:18

Favourite quotes from the real rudry village hall committee..'Its like the writers have been actually living in Rudry' 'Yeah its a bit too close to the truth actually' 'No, it's a lot lot tamer than the truth..'. 

I am missing the Village People, but you will never guess...there is a real physic medium coming to Milford Haven on saturday night to co-incide with the Village social in Llangwm. 

The production photos are fantastic! Looking beautiful everybody. I hope you are having fun on tour! xx

Comment by Matt the Hat on October 25, 2011 at 10:18
Comment by Carys Eleri on October 23, 2011 at 5:04
Papa Begw's been to visit my house.
Comment by Fiona Curtis on October 23, 2011 at 4:29

Well - week 1 done and dusted and I'm enjoying a day of rest after Rudry and Glasbury - now the touring really starts - I think I need to stock up on some sweets for the journey!

Fantastic feedback and its hilarious being backstage and listening to audience crack up from all the farting and Ollies beautiful dancing!! Intrigued? Watch this show!!

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service