NTW20 - In Water I'm Weightless

Information

NTW20 - In Water I'm Weightless

Inspired by the lives of disabled and Deaf people – poetic and provocatively funny.

Website: http://nationaltheatrewales.org/whatson/performance/ntw20
Members: 69
Latest Activity: Aug 22, 2012

Live From the Rehearsal Room

Watch the second in the series of Live from the Rehearsal Room live casts with Director @john_ntw and writer Kaite O'Reilly. 

If you're having problems viewing the broadcast, please visit our uStream Channel.

Broadcasting live with Ustream

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of NTW20 - In Water I'm Weightless to add comments!

Comment by Nick Phillips on November 29, 2011 at 0:33

Well hello there me hearties and I hope you're steady as you go!  A quick intro to who I am I suppose, so........ I'm Nick and I'm one of the I.W.I.W cast.  There I said it so it must be true.  I did train in Laban another lifetime ago (when I was able bodied.......actually when I look back at my attempts at a Ballet bare I'm not sure how able bodied I was)  but have not, since having a Wheelchair really performed anything for 13yrs.  I tried a couple of times but it was all a bit weird for me..... Wheels where legs were and all that.  Anyway I digress.......... I'm soooo exited to be part of I.W.I.W.  Of course working with John, Nigel, Paul and the Marvellously marvellous Kate et-al is double brilliant, it's also the first time I've really looked at my disability as anything like a social comment.  I dunno, it just hadn’t dawned on me before.  Wowser.....Believe me when I say I'm still trying to catch my breath after hearing someone say "Crip Culture" for the first time during the rehearsal week..... I repeat: WOWSER! 

I've just looked at the amount I've written in this "Comment" and have come to the conclusion that I may be babbling slightly (maybe not so slightly) so I shall end this soon and visit in a couple of days to write some more.

I aint even mentioned meeting/working with the cast for the first time.  It has been double lovely to say the least.  Matt, Mandy, Karina, David and Sophie you made me feel........ Well you made me feel.....and that after all can only be a good thing eh?

Right, I'm going, I promise, I'm going to stop this babbling here.

I will defo be back in a while to peruse you the other members.

Love n Stuff n Nonsense x

Comment by National Theatre Wales on November 24, 2011 at 12:22

Kaite's written an interesting blog about our development week. You can find it here

Comment by Sara Beer on November 17, 2011 at 1:05
Having a fascinating week for the development of In Water I'm Weightless, seeing how it's beginning to come together. Currently watching a stunning movement piece choreographed by the brilliant Nigel Charnock. The actors are working incredibly hard and it is a joy to be here!

Members (65)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service