Information

Rethinking Education

A group for anyone who wants to help us develop an NTW approach to education.

Members: 140
Latest Activity: Feb 1, 2022

Our Manifesto

To act as a catalyst in creating new networks to stimulate debate across arts, education and beyond

To provide a forum to discuss education in a language that encourages fresh and innovative ideas

To develop leaders and advocates from a range of backgrounds, working throughout the whole education system

To focus on creating long-term solutions to the problems of the formal education system

To encourage cross-curricular dialogue to promote the benefits of the arts at all stages of the educational experience

Come join us.

Discussion Forum

Creative Schools: what's happening out there? 2 Replies

The creative schools/ creative practitioners project has been running for about 2 school years now. I was so enthusiastic about its aims when launched at the Arts Council Wales event. I think the…Continue

Started by Bill Hamblett. Last reply by Martin Daws Apr 16, 2018.

Sharing - Rethinking Education for the 21st Century 1 Reply

http://shar.es/131gVNNesta posted this on twitter this morning. It is an article written by Naveen Jain called School's Out For Summer. It was originally posted…Continue

Started by Jain Boon. Last reply by 4elements1 May 31, 2015.

Going forward

What if there is a way to take any discussion group to impact the future, involve the group and conversation , by discussion, attitude, interaction be it voice visual impact, more engagement allows…Continue

Started by Gary Morris Feb 27, 2015.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Rethinking Education to add comments!

Comment by Rhian Richards on November 12, 2014 at 4:16

According to Education Secretary Nicky Morgan choosing to study arts subjects at school could “hold them back for the rest of their lives"...

Any thoughts?

Needless to say with my education history (performing arts, languages, journalism), I strongly disagree with her!

Read the article here

Comment by Devinda De Silva on November 12, 2014 at 3:51

This is interesting - Scientists outshine arts students with experiments in creative writing - apparently it even makes them better scientists. Read the article here

Comment by Guy O'Donnell on October 28, 2014 at 8:40

This article has some links to the conversations from this group

http://www.theguardian.com/teacher-network/teacher-blog/2014/oct/26...

Comment by Mawgaine Tarrant-Cornish on October 22, 2014 at 2:22
The next Devoted & Disgruntled, in London this weekend, has an arts in education focus. You can read reports on the discussions afterwards too.. 

http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whatson/.VEeUHQz1mGk.twitter

Comment by Sophie McKeand on October 20, 2014 at 20:59

Devinda - I'm always up for meeting other workshop facilitators and sharing ideas.

Guy - thanks for sharing that article. It's brilliant and I couldn't agree with it more.

Comment by Angharad Lee on October 20, 2014 at 7:47

route of course 

Comment by Angharad Lee on October 20, 2014 at 7:41

There are lots of examples of good practice happening at the moment, its just that they are all under the radar. With teachers having to come to grips with the new LNF Framework and Welsh Bacc which is about to take hold, have to be careful how all these suggestions are driven forward otherwise we will once again have an education system which is fragmented and with no clear progression roots for learners. Just look at the Foundation Phase rolled out a few years ago. No good if the progression into Key stage 1 and 2, 3 and 4 is not implemented.   

Comment by Angharad Lee on October 20, 2014 at 7:34

Great event was held at Sherman this year and happening again next year run by CCSkills. Doing some great work. 

Comment by Guy O'Donnell on October 20, 2014 at 7:19

This looks a great event Devinda.

When I was at school the work experience teacher asked what I was interested in? I responded that I was interested in something to do with art or TV.

I spent a week in Radio Rentals. 

Comment by Devinda De Silva on October 20, 2014 at 3:16

IdeasTap are running an event next month aimed specifically at teachers & educators.

Want to advise your students on the range of careers available in the creative industries? Interested to hear about the different routes that creative practitioners have taken? This special IdeasTap teachers' event is designed to provide you with useful knowledge to share with your students back in the classroom.

You can find out more here 

Would people find something similar useful?

Members (140)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service