Information

Rhayader Rocks

Hi all! Here's the group for us to have share ideas, arrange stuff, keep discussions going and...anything and everything else you want it to be!

We're supported by NTW TEAM!

Members: 40
Latest Activity: Oct 14, 2014

Discussion Forum

What makes a good story? 6 Replies

Are you sitting comfortably?...then I'll begin. What makes up a good story? Some say never spoil a good story with the truth. I love it when the exaggeration gremlins get into a story.My Great…Continue

Started by Alan Samuel. Last reply by Peter Cox MBE Jan 31, 2013.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Rhayader Rocks to add comments!

Comment by Alan Samuel on January 21, 2013 at 6:48

Bud says:

Is there a way to start off everything with an event? I like the idea of the maps that Alan e-mail us about- is there a way for this to become an event? A weekend of exploring Rhayader through maps, compasses and stories? It could possible be a big game? There's a group based in Cardiff called PlayArk who arrange game weekends and events- all the games usually have a storyline or will require people to work together for it to work. http://www.playark.co.uk/

Comment by Alan Samuel on January 21, 2013 at 6:47
Who?: Rhayader & District folk
When?: ?
Where?: CARAD & Outreach 
What?: Maps will be the catalyst! Similar to the council room at Shimili 2.0, people will use maps of Rhayader and district to recall and share their stories. Different types of maps will be used to get at the gold mine of stories. With a stock of stories we hope themes will emerge and ideas about how to use them for interpretation and re-telling. 
Just today: I was chatting with a Rhayader local, Mike Bennett - we got onto a conversation about pubs of Rhayader, past and present. Mike talked about Church Street and as a kid lived next to the Butcher's Arms (now Horseshoe). He used to be allowed to stay up to 10pm on a Saturday and was able to see 'chucking out time'. On one occasion  he saw local guy Len Jones squaring up to a man ... this man's wife sorted Len out with a swing of her handbag, straight to his head knocking him over. So that story emerged from a chat about old pubs and a street. Gold dust.
What next?
Liz...have I got this anywhere near the mark?
We can take our idea to the amazing TEAM team and see what they think

Comment by Buddug James Jones on January 20, 2013 at 3:44

Hi all!

I've just done a post about my time in the Netherlands with good 'ol Henry! And I also saw Arthur in Amsterdam. check it!

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/lekker-net...

Comment by Alan Samuel on December 5, 2012 at 21:31

Yes indeed - Rhayader Rocks! Thanks in advance to the fantastical NTW TEAM. Story telling is where it starts - different ways of gathering, telling and re-telling local stories. Something we hope to take shape by the New Year.

Members (38)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service