Information

Rhayader Rocks

Hi all! Here's the group for us to have share ideas, arrange stuff, keep discussions going and...anything and everything else you want it to be!

We're supported by NTW TEAM!

Members: 40
Latest Activity: Oct 14, 2014

Discussion Forum

What makes a good story? 6 Replies

Are you sitting comfortably?...then I'll begin. What makes up a good story? Some say never spoil a good story with the truth. I love it when the exaggeration gremlins get into a story.My Great…Continue

Started by Alan Samuel. Last reply by Peter Cox MBE Jan 31, 2013.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Rhayader Rocks to add comments!

Comment by National Theatre Wales on July 14, 2013 at 2:19

Henry, Floris (from Peergroup) and I will be skyping this week to try and take this further.  let us know any more thoughts.  

Comment by Henry J.Alles on June 20, 2013 at 9:30

We will talk soonish!!!! greetings Henry

Comment by National Theatre Wales on June 19, 2013 at 13:00

Hi All, and greetings from Anglesey where NTW has been 'in residence' for the month of June. Thanks for your responses to the Diversion idea.  It sounds like people are in favour.  I know that Devinda is visiting Rhayader on Friday this week, so he can chat a bit more with you all. Henry, shall we try and talk soonish about next stages of planning? 

Comment by Henry J.Alles on June 6, 2013 at 7:05

Yes! That is a good idea: the Penygarreg Cottage. Can anybody drop us of somewhere and then we walk the rest. And pass the last farm that has two geese, two horses, two donkeys and as I remember but am not shure has two dogs. Anyway. Good to hear both Alan and Kate!!

Comment by Alan Samuel on June 6, 2013 at 6:42

Hi all,

Diversions - a sterling idea and even better one to head to Powys.

I'm on board with this, ready to dig in.

Penygarreg Cottage in the middle of the Elan Valley is being renovated for artists in residence - My boss Ed Parsons (area lands manager for the Elan Valley) meeting with the Arts Council tomorrow to take it forward towards an estimated completion date of Oct.Worth noting perhaps.

Over and out,

Al

Comment by Kama Roberts on June 5, 2013 at 9:55

Hi John, Was very disappointed  to have missed the Peergroup project, the things I have heard about it (and the company) have been fantastic. The  'Diversions' project sounds like a really exciting idea. I have been trying to find the best way forward for my career for a while (working with the restrictions of Powys + Parenthood) and feel I have a clear action plan now.

I have recently left my post at the Willow Globe to focus on my own artistic career.  I have just finished a very successful 5 week tour of a one woman show called 'Whose Shoes' directed by Andrew Sterry and am now eager to get going on my next project. I am very keen to expand skills, ideas and working methods in preparation for creating my own work- a project such as this would be one excellent step in this direction!

Comment by National Theatre Wales on June 3, 2013 at 0:44

Hi Rhayader Rockers!

I’ve been chatting with Henry and Peergroup about a way to follow up on their work with you all, and with NTW last year. 

The feedback on the project in 2012 was very positive – particularly in terms of how Henry and the actors managed to dig into the life of Rhayader and reflect it back in their own unique way.

Looking back now, it feels like the best next stage might be to provide more ways for artists in Powys and Wales to explore the techniques of Peergroup, and to develop their own ideas and ways of working.

For a while now Peergroup have been running residencies – known as ‘Diversions’ -  for artists where there is a pretty in-depth exploration of methods.  These usually involve a ‘residential’ format of around a week. In some ways it’s not unlike NTW’s ‘Pollinate’ Summer Camp, but with a specific focus on the site-specific methods that are core to Peergroup’s work.  As they put it: ‘dig where you stand’.

We are looking into the possibility of running a ‘Diversion’ in Powys as the next stage of our work with Peergroup. This would be open to Powys artists, some Dutch artists, and maybe also other artists from Wales. 

Does this sound like a good idea to you guys?  We are looking at dates between 9 and 17 November. 

Comment by Buddug James Jones on March 26, 2013 at 12:41

Hi all!

Me and Sarah have just come back from a fantastically freezing cold Rhayader after helping out with CARAD's opening weekend event of Finding Rhayader 2: People and Places. 

Here's a little blog to tell you all about our adventures Returning to Rhayader (2)

Comment by Henry J.Alles on March 23, 2013 at 0:23

30 watt!!!!!!!!!!!!! whooooooooooooooooo coooooooooollllll.

Comment by Buddug James Jones on March 23, 2013 at 0:03

The snow is falling, the kettle is boiled and people are making their way to CARAD today! 

If you're in the area come along! 

Members (38)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service