Information

Scratch that Itch

I would like to talk about going back to Scratch. We have decided to launch a Scratch theatre event offering an opportunity to theatre companies, performers and writers to show pieces of work in the very early stages of development.

Supported by NTW TEAM

Members: 127
Latest Activity: May 15, 2015

Scratch That Itch!

Scratch That Itch nights aim to give people a chance to share ideas with others and get feedback in a relaxed friendly atmosphere. It is not Britain’s got talent you wont be given feedback by a panel of judges only by those who chose to approach you to discuss your piece or those who you approach and ask or perhaps some one will leave you a note in your feedback book.

Scratch That Itch is supported by NTW TEAM. If you are interested in taking part in future events or would like us to come to your town please email:- letmescratchthatitch@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you all soon

Brent

Check out the vid of past events

Discussion Forum

What day of th eweek is best for Scratch?

So a problem I have when booking an event is finding the best day to book for the event so hit me back with some ideas. Next one will be some point after July 7th.Continue

Started by Brent Morgan Jun 6, 2013.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Scratch that Itch to add comments!

Comment by Brent Morgan on April 13, 2011 at 3:31
Ok so things are slowly moving on have a meeting with a potential venue 2mor so hopefully we will be able to hold the first event soon. As I have mentioned before if anyone has any questions feel free to message me and if I know the answer then I'll get back to you a.s.a.p. I'm excited now I hope that you all are.
Comment by Sarah Lisabeth on February 28, 2011 at 1:28
Sounds brilliant! keep me posted :)
Comment by Brent Morgan on February 22, 2011 at 13:51
Ok say I'm talking to a venue in Swansea for the first event. If we go ahead with this it is likely to be launching late March time. I need to get a rough idea of numbers of people who would like to attend and or show pieces. Can you please an email to letmescratchthatitch@gmail.com to confirm interest.
Comment by Nathan Keates on February 12, 2011 at 0:39
I got plenty of productions that I want to try out. Getting closer to doing so, but if this group has a way then all is better.
Comment by terry chinn on December 3, 2010 at 1:26
i,Last night at Clwb y Bont was cosy and creative,NTW01 Valleys Team.Thanks for everyone who joined in the discussions and performances.A special mention must go to the Pumpkin soup and hand made mince pies.
What did people think of the format of the evening?Was the venue suitable? Do you think we did anything to answer the question,What is a fringe anyway?
A few of us had a chat in the bar later and would like to see something happening again early next year,if you weren't there last night try to come along for the next one.TCx
Comment by Brent Morgan on November 23, 2010 at 15:41
It is nice to see a group where the members start talking. So thanks for joining and starting to discuss. At the moment I'm looking to launch early 2011 so that is to look forward to.

Neil nice to see you in the group and also sounds like you had an amazing time out in Spain. Thanks for the handy tips. I will be sure to not under estimate the power of food and booze. You raised some really helpful points, I will try and keep them in mind. Also well done on getting a space off of the Bristol CC and swaps sound like loads of fun. I haven't found a location yet or even decided if there will be a set one for each event but all in good time. Hopefully we will be able to tempt you over the border a bit more next year and have you over for some theatre and a party.

Glad to see you already have a night coming up Terry. I won't be able to make it as Thursday I will be in full time rehearsals but I hope it go's well for you. Let me know how it go's and hopefully other group members might be able to make it.

Anja nice to see you found the group and thanks for the double interest. For those who don't know Anja commented on the original Blog that preseeded this group.

Other than that I guess I should say at the moment I'm in Leeds doing some work then back to Swansea Friday and Start again in Cardiff Monday.

However if all go's to plan there may be a chance for people to get together and show some work soon.

Keep chatting

Brent
Comment by Anja Conti on November 23, 2010 at 0:47
This sounds fantastic, I would be really interested in getting involved! :) Anja x
Comment by terry chinn on November 23, 2010 at 0:08
If you are able to get to Pontypridd ,Clwb y Bont,On the 2nd of December from 7pm-10ish we will be kick starting a Valleys fringe group TEAM nt01.(working title)there will be an element of Scratch as some people will be presenting their first readings of work in progress,hope you can come,Terry.
Comment by Neil Puttick on November 22, 2010 at 6:55
Great idea Brent. Just came back from a brilliant "Scratxe" in the Basque country in Spain. The whole of the city, Vitoria Gasteiz was represented - old people young people dogs everybody came to watch. This was extremely refreshing (our experience of British scratch nights has sometimes been of getting feedback from the same producers and theatre makers). It seemed like their success came from not underestimating having food and drink to encourage new people to come. There was also this feeling as an audience that you could watch as little or much as you wanted. The best thing of all is that the "scratxe" was paid for by the local banks which are forced to fund events as part of its responsibilities to the community it serves. Again coming from England, this seemed like music to our ears. It showed us how really dynamic a process a scratch could be.

Anyways best of luck with the project. Bristol CC have just given Interval - our artists collective - a new temporary space on college green to work in. We'd be really up for swapping scratches where performers come to us and vice versa.

Members (123)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service