Stories Of The Streetz: Cardiff

Information

Stories Of The Streetz: Cardiff

5 Writers...

5 Areas of Cardiff...

5 Scripts....

Stories Of The Streetz encourages you to listen to the world around you and create theatre from it! 5 writers will each be given a different area of Cardiff to spend the day in. After spending the day listening to conversations on buses,street corners and coffee shops they will then write a short script which will be performed at the first Stories Of The Streetz night in a few weeks!!!

If your interested in being one of the 5 writers or are an actor who would like to get involved then email me at:

storiesofthestreetz@gmail.com

Supported by NTW TEAM

Kelly

x

Members: 86
Latest Activity: Feb 18, 2017

The First Stories of the Streetz night!!!

The first Stories of the Streetz night was held in the cosy upstairs of Shot in the Dark. Heres what happened.There were five script altogether......

Judge a book by its cover By Carmen Medway Stephens was first and came all the way from the lovely area of Canton. This script featured a funny account between an elderly theatre goer and an aspiring actor usher. The actors in this piece were the equally wonderful Charlie Elliott and Rachel Helena Walsh

Second on the bill was Jog On By Bethan James. This script took place in Cardiff Bay and featured two female joggers on a man hunt and a search for cupcakes. The fabulous Aisling Bell and Caroline Beasley were in this.

From the picturesque Cardiff Bay all the way to the interesting area of Splott for The Usual Bernard Hummer By Anna Louise Poole. Starring the magnificent Richard Clatworthy, Chris Williams and Charlie Hammond. We saw Bernard's sad story of old age and a need to protect his wife's memory from local chavs!

The penultimate piece was set on a friday night down St Mary's St. I am For You By Rachel Helena Walsh was an exciting fast paced story of a girl with a dual personality. She relayed the step by step account of her night club brawl with a handsy drunk. Character Justine was played by Rachel Helena Walsh and Aisling Bell

And last but by no means least was the area of Riverside and Broken Brolley By Angharad Evans. We saw a chance meeting by two old lovers when the Amazing Faizal Farook and Caroline Beasley took the stage. They shared an umberella, intense loving gazes and stories from the Western Mail. Just Lovely!

Now heres the photos............

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Stories Of The Streetz: Cardiff to add comments!

Comment by Angharad Evans on January 16, 2012 at 10:22

Hey All, Great night, thanks Kelly for getting me involved. Really interesting pieces and readings. Well done everybody.  Really enjoyed. Looking forward to coming to the next one. A>Xxx

Comment by Holly Fry on January 7, 2012 at 13:55

Heya Kelly I'm really sorry but I'm back in London at drama school now :( Really wanted to be involved! Please do keep me in mind for future projects as this kind of stuff is really up my street :) Good luck with rehearsals 

All the best,

Holly 

Comment by Kelly Jones on January 5, 2012 at 23:58
Hey don :) happy new year lovely!!! The first night is on the 16th am looking for actors if you fancy?
Xx
Comment by Donna Males on January 5, 2012 at 13:34

Hi kelly,

Happy new year to you! Well this sounds interesting and definately  something I would like to get involved in. Hope you are well and i'll see you soon x

Comment by Kelly Jones on December 23, 2011 at 5:55

Hey All

The first stories of the streets night will be on the 16th jan in Shot in The Dark @ 7.30

hope you can all make it  :D

kelly x

Comment by Kelly Jones on December 7, 2011 at 1:43

Hey Nat :)

Cathays on a wednesday night would be amazing lol will talk to ya about it at writers group tonight

xx

Comment by Natalie Stone on December 6, 2011 at 2:27

Definitely do Cathays!! I'm keen :) x

Comment by Kelly Jones on November 28, 2011 at 12:48

Hey All

Thanks for joining. Am just sorting out dates so more info will be coming soon. As for the areas i was thinking Splott, Roath, Canton, Cardiff Bay and Cardiff Central...... Not sure about Grangetown, Riverside or Cathays. What do you think?

xx

Members (84)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service