The Opportunity of Efficiency

Information

The Opportunity of Efficiency

April 2013

Inspired by the growth of efficiency as a force for change in society and the influence of big business on national and international affairs, The Opportunity of Efficiency is a story of small lives caught up in a global power struggle.

Bio-scientist Iffy Scott has made a discovery that could save millions of lives – but, it seems, not everyone thinks it’s a good idea.

Alan Harris (writer of National Theatre Wales’ first ever production, A Good Night Out in the Valleys) returns to create the company’s first ever international commission, produced by theNew National Theatre, Tokyo.

Website: http://nationaltheatrewales.org/opportunity-efficiency
Members: 54
Latest Activity: May 17, 2016

To stay up to date with the show, and follow NTW staff members on their adventures in Japan, we've created a Storify Story of all the tweets and updates from Tokyo. 

Read it here

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of The Opportunity of Efficiency to add comments!

Comment by Alan Harris on March 19, 2013 at 5:47

A short blog here about the writer/director relationship.

Very best, Alan

Comment by Jen Thornton on March 18, 2013 at 3:55

Writer Alan Harris talks about the process of writing the play and how he became part of the project: 

Comment by Jen Thornton on March 18, 2013 at 3:54

Comment by National Theatre Wales on March 18, 2013 at 3:45

Rehearsal Blog 3 covers the whole of the second week of rehearsals.  It's all about brown paper!  Also, I'm asking for suggestions for a song by a Welsh band to be in the show. Do let me know any ideas you have. It needs to be something a hip, handsome 25 year old would listen to on the radio, but also something that later in the play can act as a background track to the morning rituals of a whole range of characters. Do let me know any ideas - just list any tracks here.

Comment by National Theatre Wales on March 18, 2013 at 3:41

Rehearsal blog 2 here (including an embarassing admission). 

Comment by National Theatre Wales on March 11, 2013 at 3:48

So, the adventure has begun.  NTW's time in Japan will involve our first ever overseas production - The Opportunity of Efficiency by Alan Harris, our first international Assembly - The Tokyo Assembly - and a search for Japanese artists to become part of WalesLab.  I've been here six days, and more members of the team will join over the coming weeks, building to a flurry of Japan-Wales creative joy in the first half of April.  I've posted a rehearsal blog here and will try to keep the updates coming.  

Members (51)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service