The Peoples Think Tank

Information

The Peoples Think Tank

The People’s Think Tank is an interdisciplinary group of problem-solvers; artists, NTW TEAM members, members of the communities of Wales

The Think Tank’s aims are to:

• give a collective voice for the people of Wales, around issues of democracy and politics, arts and culture;
  • pursue tangible outcomes from the Big Democracy Project;
  • encourage a new collective voice; and to
  • help shape the next phase of The Big Democracy Project.

They will do this by:

• working within the Big Democracy Project to listen and contribute to conversation;
  • learning, analysing, and sharing ideas online;
  • holding periodical online debates;
  • presenting some of their findings to the National Assembly in March 2016;
  • react to government policy, proposals, papers and recommendations; and
  • influencing the direction of the Big Democracy Project;

If you’d like to join the People’s Think Tank, please contact Gavin Porter at gavinporter@nationaltheatrewales.org or 02920 353 070.

There’s no criteria – anyone can become a member, anywhere in Wales.

Members: 50
Latest Activity: Feb 16, 2017

Discussion Forum

When will the Establishment and party leaders hear the cry of the voiceless? 2 Replies

I spoke to a young British man the other day who was born and raised in Wales and who's children are born and raised in Cardiff ' who said to me I'm having sleepless nights lately as I'm worried…Continue

Started by Yusuf salaban mohamed. Last reply by Yusuf salaban mohamed Apr 23, 2015.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of The Peoples Think Tank to add comments!

Comment by Gavin Porter on April 20, 2015 at 0:48

I watched the beginning of  this and will watch the rest later.

American media outlets are showing a growing concern over the influence of foreign media outlets, particularly the Russian media. However, in an exclusive interview, professor and philosopher Noam Chomsky says that America’s media machine has been spreading its own form of propaganda throughout the world, while at the same time refusing to acknowledge its own culpability in international conflicts. He tells Alexey Yaroshevsky more about the US manipulation of information and its effect on democracy.

Comment by Gavin Porter on April 20, 2015 at 0:38

On Saturday I went along to Sara Rees' Democracy at Project Space in Newport. Amongst other thing we were asked 'Are you happy with your current democracy provider?'. 

Sara will be at Project Space in Newport next on 2nd May 

Comment by Gavin Porter on April 16, 2015 at 5:32

Hi all, would anyone in this group who has been to an NTW Assembly or Big Democracy event before like to help shortlist the mid Wales round on Tuesday 28th April, starting at either 4pm or 5pm?

Comment by Sara Rees on April 15, 2015 at 8:20

Hi Gavin, Great! See you saturday

Comment by Gavin Porter on April 13, 2015 at 5:19

Hi Sara, I cant volunteer sorry, I am going to a showing a 11am on the 18th, but I'll definitely come over and see you.

Comment by Sara Rees on April 13, 2015 at 4:07

Hi Everyone,
In 2012 I created a participatory live installation artwork called DEMOCRACY which engaged people in conversations about democracy.
Since then DEMOCRACY has been presented in Athens (home of democracy) at an international art fair in May last year, in the week running up to Greece's local elections and the EU elections.
Now in the run up to our own elections on 7th May, I have been invited to do DEMOCRACY at The Project Space in Newport, on Saturday 18th April (the saturday before the final date people can register to vote on 20th April) and on Saturday 2nd May (the saturday before the General Election on 7th May). Newport is a very interesting context for DEMOCRACY as it is where the
Chartist Uprising took place in 1832, which was instrumental in extending democracy in Britain. There is also a great deal at stake in this general election, as we face the grim possibility of a Conservative / UKIP coalition on the one hand, and an exciting opportunity to turn towards more progressive government on the other. I am looking for volunteers to participate in DEMOCRACY in this pre-election context. Please email me if you're interested in volunteering.
The Project Space will cover travel expenses and food.
Thank you and best wishes,
Sara

Comment by Gavin Porter on April 13, 2015 at 0:36

Supermarket workers have to claim £11bn benefits, charity says

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32272817

Comment by Gavin Porter on April 9, 2015 at 2:59

Zoe created a lovely graphic from Saturdays meeting

Comment by Gavin Porter on April 9, 2015 at 0:52

So today Im trying to make sense of Trident, my instinct is that we shouldn't renew, but maybe thats a naive point of view. Do we need a deterrent? My search goes on for an answer. In the meantime I pretty much agree with the Artist Taxi Driver.

Comment by Gavin Porter on April 9, 2015 at 0:14

Well thats what I would call 'a dry ass debate'

Members (49)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service