Information

Theatre Playgroup!

A group for the 'Theatre Playgroup' project.

This is (initially) a 6 week project where Actors, Directors, Writers and .. well anyone else who is interested can work together. Reading, work-shopping and exploring a published script and then going on to create new exciting work which we share at the end of the 6 weeks!

Supported by NTW TEAM

NTW TEAM group

Members: 71
Latest Activity: May 31, 2017

Theatre Playgroup Plan

Click on the link to have a look at the initial plan for the theatre playgroup, it'll give you an idea of what the group is about

Theatre Playgroup Sign Up Sheet

If you'd like to come along download and fill in the sheet and return it to info@humancompasstheatre.co.uk

Discussion Forum

3 Weeks left...The sharing, what would you like to see?

Hello folks,   As you know at the end of the sessions, in week 6 we're having an informal sharing of work. It's an opportunity for us to share with each other, friends, family and colleagues the work we've done over the 5 weeks before.    The aim of…Continue

Started by James Robert Auheb Sep 5, 2014.

Question 3... 2 Replies

Hi lovely Playgroupers!  Sending best wishes from sunny Florida... You can't say I'm not committed!This question is for any one who would like to get involved with the playgroup as a writer....As you know from the plan after we've explored and…Continue

Started by James Robert Auheb. Last reply by James Robert Auheb Jul 29, 2014.

Second Question...As the initial sessions will be based on published text, which texts / playwrights would you like to explore in more detail? 4 Replies

As the initial sessions will be based on a published text, which texts / playwrights would you like to explore in more detail? Ideally it would be texts you've always wanted to explore but not had chance, a playwright you'd like to find out more…Continue

Which is the best evening in the week to hold our sessions? 11 Replies

Hi Lovely Playgroup-ers!   I want the process of developing this project to be as inclusive as possible... so I'll be asking lots of questions of you over the next few weeks..I'll start with.. which evening of the week would you like to hold our…Continue

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Theatre Playgroup! to add comments!

Comment by James Robert Auheb on September 1, 2014 at 4:00

Hi Playgroupers!

Did you enjoy the last session? Some people have asked for Peter's contact details, so here they are...

http://www.the-work-shop.co.uk/

peter@the-work-shop.co.uk

I have the video's from Thursday's session for those of you who were caught on camera. Some fantastic performances!

Next Thursday: 

Make sure you bring your scripts!

* We'll be exploring the characters

* Rehearsing script sections from 'Betrayal' and sharing them

* Reading/ feedingback some of the new pieces of writing

** Remember, if you are available after the session we'll head to Mount Stewart (Wetherspoons) for a drink!

Writers

Anyone who expressed an interest in writing something for weeks 4-6, could you please send me a quick email to let me know you're writing something?

If you don't want your name shared publicly then let me know that too, more than happy to keep it confidential.

Pieces should be a maximum of around 5 minutes in length and inspired by the play 'Betrayal' - style, character, substance, etc! 

We will need the pieces for week 4, but if you'd like to have what you have written, read aloud and receive feedback then If you could email me a copy by Wednesday evening I'll make some copies and we can have a go on Thursday!

Sharing

The Sharing is on the 25th September. I've set up an event, it would be great if you could sign up and get your friends and families to come along. 

Playgroup Sharing Event

Comment by James Robert Auheb on August 27, 2014 at 13:05

Hi Playgroupers! 

Just a reminder that for this second week we are workshop-ping 'Betrayal', we're in the same space as last week and please can you bring your scripts again :) 

Look forward to seeing you tonight!

James

Comment by James Robert Auheb on August 21, 2014 at 23:37

What a great evening, looking forward to next week!

Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on August 21, 2014 at 22:14

I agree Andrew, had such a great time and lovely meeting you all, see you in a couple of weeks! x

Comment by Andrew Ford on August 21, 2014 at 10:26

Excellent first session! Thoroughly enjoyed that. See ya'll next week!

Comment by Elaine Paton on August 21, 2014 at 1:44

Hi All

I wonder if there is anyone who could give me a lift from Canton to WMC for tonight's session.  My mobile is 0798 529 6956 or elainepaton16@gmail.com

Thanks   Elaine

Comment by Julia Chapman on August 19, 2014 at 11:21

Hi James,

I just wanted to say this sounds like a fantastic project and whilst I am unable to apply this time due to unfortunately not being able to attend all sessions, I would love to hear about anything similar in the future. Best of luck with Theatre Playgroup!

Julia

Comment by James Robert Auheb on August 15, 2014 at 0:32

Hi Guys!

Just a reminder that the group starts next Thursday, so if you haven't filled in a form yet, then now is the time to do it! 

I'll send out confirmation emails tomorrow, if you have sent your form back but haven't heard anything by Sunday then send me an email or text :)

I'm really excited by the project, I think we'll have a lot of fun! 

James

Comment by Naomi Underwood on August 10, 2014 at 12:02
Hi James,

Thank you so much for sending the forms out, unfortunately I would have to miss too many sessions and I wouldn't want to waste your time in not being up-to-speed. I would have really loved to be involved! It sounds like a fantastic opportunity for someone like myself who are just starting out in their careers, so if you happen to do anything similar later on then I'd love to be involved.

Thanks again!
Comment by James Robert Auheb on August 7, 2014 at 21:46

Hi Jan,

Sorry to hear its causing problems! If you could just send me an email (in for him an compass theatre.co.UK)  with the details requested on the form that'd be fine ☺

Look forward to hearing from you,

James

Members (68)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service