WalesLab: On Loss, Family and Memory

Information

WalesLab: On Loss, Family and Memory

A group for all those involved in, interested by and curious about the WalesLab projects initiated during the company's residency at the Park and Dare Theatre, Treorchy (Oct 2013)

They are:

'Slideshow' - Catherine Dyson

'The Old Man' - Tin Shed Theatre

'The Ballad of Ivor Jones' Nerea Martinez de Lecea and Michele Woodey as Found&Lost

'Re-imagining Llanbedrog' - Rebecca Louise Collins

Members: 9
Latest Activity: Jun 26, 2014

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of WalesLab: On Loss, Family and Memory to add comments!

Comment by Justin Teddy Cliffe on December 12, 2013 at 0:25

Hi Simon, we're meeting tomorrow to hash out some details and begin to make a plan, as soon as we have I will send you an email with the deets and we can make a firmer plan of action. We've had to make some decisions which were tricky to ensure we made space for this project to exist, and I think we're more than happy to have done that collectively, now we just need to fill those gaps! But as soon as I know I'll tell you... Probably at some theatre event that we fortuitously co-attend by mysterious accident.

Comment by Simon Coates on December 10, 2013 at 23:20

Hi Everyone!

Catherine and Nerea & Michele - we have been involved in kick starting a community news service based in the Rhondda - its due to launch in Jan but i'm sure the projects you are working on will be of interest to them, given that they will be developed and performed/exhibited there in the new year. Shall we just keep this in mind for now and think about how we talk to them in the new year? I'm sure there would be interest from them covering your story and helping push whatever opportunity there is for people to see your work.

Tin Shed and Rebecca - we should also think about how you want to talk about your projects and who to, outside of the NTW community.

sx

Comment by Justin Teddy Cliffe on December 5, 2013 at 22:12

Just saw Catherine's link too, I'll check it out asap.

Comment by Justin Teddy Cliffe on December 5, 2013 at 22:10

Awesome, I'll check it out. Thanks John and thanks Rebecca for posting that.

Comment by Rebecca Louise Collins on December 5, 2013 at 6:51

Just reading MIke Pearson's book 'In Comes I' (2006) there is a bit on Cynefin:-

'Cynefin represents a totality of land and sea, weather and season, birds and animals, land use, craft, human behaviour and practice:where men and women have lived and talked, where they have worked and suffered and dreamt dreams, where flora and fauna are the background to the drama of human life' p.14

Comment by National Theatre Wales on December 4, 2013 at 13:05

Interesting to think about that in relation to the Welsh concept of cynefin Justin. 

Comment by Justin Teddy Cliffe on December 4, 2013 at 7:23

Will do Simon.

Also, I've just found this INCREDIBLE article about a theory that suggests memories (in a sense) can be passed through DNA across generations.

The idea that something my Grandfather experienced could influence my life is incredible to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-25156510

Even if it's not totally relevant I had to share.

Justin

Comment by Simon Coates on December 4, 2013 at 6:24

Also - sounds like people are happy to go ahead with Justin's image??

Justin - would you mind emailing it to me?

Comment by Simon Coates on December 4, 2013 at 6:23

Justin - I also thought of a project called 'All the sex i ever had' by the incredible Canadian company Mammalian Diving Reflex...

It brilliantly asks us to think about the assumptions we make in society about older people. I'm sure its not the way you are looking to work but poses some interesting questions that i think you guys might want to think about.

There's lots of info (youtube clips etc) from when they've done the project at various festivals across the world. 

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mammalian+diving+reflex...

Comment by Catherine Dyson on December 4, 2013 at 5:57

Hi everyone, I'm also very happy to go with that image for the group.

Nerea, thanks for sharing those pictures, they are very beautiful.

Justin, I watched (some of) this programme recently http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03k09ch/imagine..._Winter_201...  and thought it might interest you guys. It's a portrait of a ninety year old woman, a children's illustrator who has lived through some amazing and terrible times.

Members (9)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service