TEAM Workout & Skill Swap

Information

TEAM Workout & Skill Swap

A free National Theatre Wales TEAM event, open to anybody

An time for people to trade skills

Skills can be anything from your profession, such as photographer, to setting up Excel spreadsheets.

The event is designed to help us meet each other’s needs without spending any money. Eg, you translate my programme to Welsh and I’ll mix cocktails at your fundraiser.

Everyone knows that money is tight at the moment - especially people trying to do creative work. We are constantly being told that money is needed to make work, but getting hold of any is so difficult. We would like to turn the tide on this and get back to a culture where people traded for goods or skills, not money. To start this, we are holding an event where people can trade skills with each other with no money changing hands. Maybe you are looking to get your next shows programmes in Welsh as well as English but can’t afford to pay a translator. Or perhaps you are holding a fundraiser and could really do with someone to mix cocktails, but hiring a professional would cut into your donations. Well maybe you could trade your skills with another’s. You translate my programme and I’ll spend an hour mixing cocktails at your event. You win, I win, Art wins, no-one gets poorer!

On the day there will be a mix of people from all different creative professions with a whole host of skills to share.

Members: 66
Latest Activity: Sep 8, 2017

Discussion Forum

skill swap has a workout 1 Reply

This month's Skill Swap was held yesterday in Swansea as part of the TEAM workout.As useual everyone was surprised by how many skills they actually had ('Oh you mean someone might find a van driver…Continue

Started by Emma MacNab. Last reply by Lisa Wells-Turner Jul 9, 2013.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of TEAM Workout & Skill Swap to add comments!

Comment by National Theatre Wales on November 11, 2013 at 13:05

Great stuff Peter.  It feels like just the right initiative for these times.

Comment by National Theatre Wales on November 11, 2013 at 10:54

Just caught up with this group and watched the logo video for 3 Crate.  What a brilliant initiative.  

Comment by Emma MacNab on July 7, 2013 at 10:33

Chris - if you are able to get to the next workout I think it would be PERFECT for kickstarting your projects development. 

Comment by Emma MacNab on July 7, 2013 at 10:32

Thanks everyone who came to NTW TEAM workout today in Swansea and stayed for Skill Swap. It was a great swap event and I know lots of people went away clutching useful details. If there was anyone who you didn't manage to talk to, give us an email and we'll sort you out with their details. Looking forward to hearing about how your trades go! 

If you want to check out a few picturs from today's Skill Swap you can find them on our twitter: @ntwSkillSwap

Comment by Emma MacNab on June 8, 2013 at 7:52

The next Skill Swap will be happening on 7th July as part of NTW TEAM Workout. You can fidn out more about it following th elink below V V V V

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on June 6, 2013 at 2:03

...and updated blog on NTW TEAM Workout (in Swansea on 7th July) - which will hopefully incorporate a Skill Swap Session can be found here

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on May 7, 2013 at 2:52

Hey everyone.  Check out blog on new pre-scratch opportunity here http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/introducin... 

It's open to everyone.  Please join group and let us know what you'd like. Hopefully see you in July!

Comment by Christopher Young on March 25, 2013 at 7:21

Hey! I went to the SkillSwap on the 13th and it was a great evening, met alot of intresting people and have managed to get alot of advice with my own stuff and been able to offer some help to others aswell, Brilliant evening, I'll deffinitly be popping in to the next one!

Cheers

Comment by Emma MacNab on February 8, 2013 at 4:49

Skill Swap is back! Join us on Wednesday 13th March at The Pot on Crwys Road. They have agreed to give everyone a 20% discount on drinks too, so come and grab a teapot of cocktail (or tea!) and get swapping! There are only 25 spaces available so email us on skill-swap@hotmail.co.uk to book your place. It's free!

Comment by Emma MacNab on January 24, 2013 at 7:37

Hi all! We are looking to host another Skill Swap Evening this February. The last one was lovely and it has been great to hear feedback on how many 'swaps' happened and projects have been able to happen/progress due to them. If you want to get involved inthe next one, send us a message! Also, to keep up-to-date, join the facebook group.

Members (63)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service