TEAM Workout & Skill Swap

Information

TEAM Workout & Skill Swap

A free National Theatre Wales TEAM event, open to anybody

An time for people to trade skills

Skills can be anything from your profession, such as photographer, to setting up Excel spreadsheets.

The event is designed to help us meet each other’s needs without spending any money. Eg, you translate my programme to Welsh and I’ll mix cocktails at your fundraiser.

Everyone knows that money is tight at the moment - especially people trying to do creative work. We are constantly being told that money is needed to make work, but getting hold of any is so difficult. We would like to turn the tide on this and get back to a culture where people traded for goods or skills, not money. To start this, we are holding an event where people can trade skills with each other with no money changing hands. Maybe you are looking to get your next shows programmes in Welsh as well as English but can’t afford to pay a translator. Or perhaps you are holding a fundraiser and could really do with someone to mix cocktails, but hiring a professional would cut into your donations. Well maybe you could trade your skills with another’s. You translate my programme and I’ll spend an hour mixing cocktails at your event. You win, I win, Art wins, no-one gets poorer!

On the day there will be a mix of people from all different creative professions with a whole host of skills to share.

Members: 66
Latest Activity: Sep 8, 2017

Discussion Forum

skill swap has a workout 1 Reply

This month's Skill Swap was held yesterday in Swansea as part of the TEAM workout.As useual everyone was surprised by how many skills they actually had ('Oh you mean someone might find a van driver…Continue

Started by Emma MacNab. Last reply by Lisa Wells-Turner Jul 9, 2013.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of TEAM Workout & Skill Swap to add comments!

Comment by Emma MacNab on December 4, 2012 at 22:12
Thank you to everyone who came to #ntwTEAM #skillswap last night! Was great to see people supporting each other and enabling future work!
Comment by Rowena Louise Bernice Scurlock on November 29, 2012 at 23:40

This sounds like a really good idea, as I'm looking for people to do technical stuff for my production.

Comment by Jen Thornton on November 19, 2012 at 0:02

Hi Emma,

This looks like a really interesting project, I'm looking forward to seeing it develop! 

Jen

Members (63)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service