Information

Tonypandemonium

10th - 19th October 2013

In its centenary year the Park & Dare theatre in Treorchy plays host to the first play from Dylan Thomas Prize winning author Rachel Trezise; a raucous, raunchy, hilarious and heartbreaking account of a daughter’s fraught, decade-spanning relationship with her beautiful, fun-loving and alcoholic mother. ‘You just know it’s going to be one of those nights. She’s on the change. I’m on my period. Hormonal teenager and neurotic mother under one terraced roof? My father’s got a word for it: Tonypandemonium.'

Members: 50
Latest Activity: Mar 26, 2015

We've created a Storify Story to keep track of the show through tweets and other content generated around the production process. You can find it here

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

#Tonypandemonium Twitter feed

Loading… Loading feed

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Tonypandemonium to add comments!

Comment by Gavin Porter on July 30, 2013 at 4:02

This isn't a contemporary film, but it is still interesting and worth a watch:

The Long Street | Road to Pandy Square

http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/mining/6909.shtml

Comment by Jen Thornton on July 22, 2013 at 1:58

Both Rachael and Mathilde written blog posts updating on their work on the show so far. Read them here: 

Rachael

Mathilde

Comment by Simon Coates on July 21, 2013 at 23:23

Hi Rachael - welcome to the team! Great to have you on board.

Comment by Mathilde Lopez on July 20, 2013 at 1:02

Hi everyone,  I am directing Tonypandemonium in September and we are currently in the the thick of auditions so I hope to let you know soon who is our cast and also tell you a bit about what is happening on the design and composition fronts. Take care x

Comment by Gavin Porter on July 17, 2013 at 21:48

Hi Linda, i have sent you a private message.

Comment by Linda Bailey on July 17, 2013 at 1:14

Hi Gavin,

I lived in Treorchy when I was younger, as my Dad, a miner, came from Bute Street near the Cardiff Arms.  I still live in the Rhondda, Tonypandy.  I began pursuing my passion for Acting just 5 years ago, and loving my new part-time career.   Would loved to have been involved in Tonypandemonium but didn't even get chosen for an audition!!  (Boo Hoo).   Anyway if I can help in anyway, let me know.

Kind Regards,

Linda  

Comment by Gavin Porter on July 17, 2013 at 0:38

Hi all, My name is Gavin Porter and during NTW's time in October, in fact our last event of our residency at the Parc & Dare, I am producing an event called Assembly - Assembly is a performance/debate event that responds to a local issue in a creative setting, leaving space for the audience to discuss and react. At the moment I am beginning to find out what is going on in Treochy and the surrounding area and I'd love to speak to anyone how has an insiders view of the Town (although according to Wikipedia its a Village). So if anyone has the time and would like to chat, please get in contact with me, I promise plenty of tea and cake will be involved.

I am also very keen to meet up with any creative people from the area (Singers, actors, poets, painters etc) as I need to get a paid cast and crew together for the Assembly.

Comment by Devinda De Silva on July 16, 2013 at 2:23

On a visit to the Parc and Dare last week I noticed an old poster in the foyer for a gig by Labi Siffre.

Today he describes himself as an Atheist, Poet, Musician, Liberal, Social Commentator and still lives in Wales. Back in 1975 he released the track 'I Got The...' which has been sampled by The Beatnuts, Wu-Tang Clan, Eminem & Primal Scream amongst others.

Comment by Jen Thornton on July 11, 2013 at 2:16

As you probably know, this show is part of the #NTWTreorchy residency at the Parc & Dare theatre. We're very excited about collaborating with RCT Cultural Services and lots of other people to create a residency packed with activity and opportunity. 

We have confirmed a number of the events which will form the residency programme, which you'll find below. There will also be plenty more - including workshops, music events and WalesLab projects - which we'll tell you all about when they're confirmed. 

If you live in the area, you'd like to be part of any of the events, or you have any great ideas for other things we should be doing, let us know. 

Tonypandemonium

This new play by Rachel Trezise is a raucous, raunchy, hilarious and heartbreaking account of a daughter's fraught relationship with her beautiful, fun-loving alcoholic mother. 

Friday 11th - Saturday 19th October

Dirty, Gifted and Welsh

A whole weekend showcasing the best in new Welsh writing, in collaboration with Dirty Protest. 

Saturday 19th - Sunday 20th October

Gwyn Thomas: A Centennial Celebration

Professor Dai Smith, Leighton Andrews AM, Rachel Trezise and Carolyn Hitt debate and celebrate the life of the acclaimed Rhondda playwright Gwyn Thomas. In association with Literature Wales and RCT Theatres

Thursday 24th October

Mother Courage on Trial

A new version of Brecht's Mother Courage has been created by Ed Thomas. This evening event will include rehearsed readings from the new translation and a 'trial' of the main character - was she right to do what she did? 

Friday 25th October

Treorchy Assembly

National Theatre Wales' Assembly performance-debate event comes to Treorchy, combining performance responding to a local issue with a chance to debate and respond. 

Saturday 26th October 

Comment by Emma MacNab on January 24, 2013 at 7:35

So excited about this! The preview today at the launch party sounded great!

Members (46)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service