An Official National Theatre Wales GroupDirectors, designers, choreographers, composers, production people... A group for everyone who is interested in Creative Production at National Theatre Wales.See More
Bence is a freelance theatre director in Cardiff with a strong interest in opera and theatre directing and the translation and adaptation of foreign, especially Eastern European contemporary plays.
He graduated with a degree with Distinction from the MA Directing course at the University of Kent and is currently finishing his second year at the École Internationale de Théâtre Jacques Lecoq.
In September 2015 he worked with Ariane Mnouchkine and the actors of Le Théâtre du Soleil in Oxford as a member of the École Nomade.
· DIRECTOR, Rootlost, Applecart Arts - Voilá Festival, Etcetera Theatre, 3 nights, 2018
· DIRECTOR, Grab Em' By The Pussy, The Space, The Monkey House, York Theatre Royal, 3 weeks, 2018
· DIRECTOR, Grab Em' By The Pussy, Old Red Lion Theatre - Plays Rough London, 1 night, 2018
· DIRECTOR, Ya’akobi & Leidental, The Cameri Theatre – Tel Aviv, Israel, 2 nights, 2016
· DIRECTOR, The Demons & The Damned, Hen & Chickens Theatre – Plays Rough London, 1 night, 2016
· DIRECTOR, The Last Queen of Paradise, Tristan Bates Theatre – Going For Gold Festival, 1 week, 2016
· DIRECTOR, Ya’akobi & Leidental, Etcetera Theatre – Camden Fringe, 1 week, 2016
· DIRECTOR, Jean, Theatre N16 – DRAFT, 1 night, 2016
· DIRECTOR, The Memorandum, The Gulbenkian – Canterbury, 1 night, 2015
· DIRECTOR, Tiramisu, Eötvös10 Community & Cultural Centre – Budapest, 3 nights, 2014
· SHADOWING DIRECTOR, The Phantom of the Opera, Her Majesty’s Theatre, 3 weeks shadowing, 2019
· ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, Nabucco, Dorset Opera Festival, 1 week, 2019
· ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, La bohème, Dorset Opera Festival, 1 week, 2018
· SECOND ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, Così fan tutte, Opera Holland Park, 3 weeks, 2018
· SHADOWING DIRECTOR, Rigoletto, Royal Opera House, London, 4 weeks shadowing, 2017 - 2018
· ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, Desperate Measures, The Marlowe Theatre, 1 week, 2015
2018-Two-year Professional Course, École Internationale de Théâtre Jacques Lecoq, Paris, France
2018-2019 LEM – Laboratory of Movement Study École Internationale de Théâtre Jacques Lecoq, Paris, France
2014-2015 MA Drama and Theatre – Directing, Master of Arts with Distinction; University of Kent, Canterbury,
Projects I’m working on:
I am currently devising several remote and outdoor projects which are designed to be potentially performed during and post-pandemic.
I am also a member of a new network of international theatre practitioners working in the UK whose aim is to support the representation of international artists in the UK post-Brexit.
You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!