Almeida Theatre is looking for young people aged 16 - 25 to take part in an exciting new project!
FIGURES OF SPEECH
A divided politics, a divided people, a divided world. We’ve never needed leaders more.
And yet, there seems to be an ever-increasing scepticism about our political class. Politicians are felt untrustworthy; statistics manipulated; personal agendas promoted, the papers puppets of their owners; and all things wrapped up in what can seem a blanket cynicism woven by social media.
Here at the Almeida we believe what changes opinion, changes narrative, changes momentum, are words. Words crafted from genuinely big ideas, delivered through deft structure by inspirational women and men, wherever a meaningful audience can be found.
By filming a series of vital speeches we want to remember what leadership sounds like, through speeches which have changed – and will change – the world, by changing hearts and minds.
This year the Almeida wants to celebrate young people aged 16 – 25 with big ideas: something vital to say about the world we live in and the desire to influence positive change.
- The young people will take part in a week long speechwriting programme over 5 consecutive days in London.
- Programme will tailored to individuals and include: strategies for generating ideas; focus on structuring and writing a speech; skills for speech delivery.
- Young Leaders mentored by Director Anthony Almeida & an experienced playwright.
- At the end the end of this development period all Young Leaders to have speeches filmed to the highest quality by a professional film crew.
- Speeches shared across social media channels & hosted on our new microsite: www.speech.almeida.co.uk So far work has generated over a million views.
- Travel, accommodation and meals will be covered in full by Almeida Theatre
- Extracurricular activity to support creative development (including seeing plays)
This is a great opportunity for young people in Wales - please contact email@example.com if you would like to find out more.
Add a Comment