August 012 are seeking a Stage Manager for their forthcoming production of The Oresteia. We are particularly interested in meeting with applicants of colour and minorities not currently under represented in the theatre industry in Wales currently.
The Oresteia will be performed at Chapter in Canton Cardiff and Pontio in Bangor during April 2020.
The Stage Manager will assist the Director and Assistant Director during rehearsals and ensure the smooth running of the show once it has opened. They will work alongside the Production Manager, Assistant Director, Director and Producer.
23rd of March - 2nd of May (6 weeks inclusive)
Between £483 and £530 a week dependant on experience
43 hours during a rehearsal week or 35 hours during a week where only performances are taking place.
- confidence, decision-making ability and negotiation skills
- excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- people skills: persuasiveness, patience, tact
- computer skills and awareness of current technologies
- the ability to work under pressure, especially in the run-up to a performance
- problem-solving skills and the ability to think on your feet
- Ability to work long hours during technical rehearsals
- Driving licence is desirable but not essential
- Ability to speak Welsh is desirable but not essential
- Create and implement rehearsal schedule alongside director/assistant director
- Run the rehearsal room
- Create and distribute rehearsal reports
- Create the prompt copy for use during rehearsal and performance
- Coordinate requirements with designers
- Assist with props sourcing
- Liaise with community cast members
- Liaise with the Production Manager to organise the get in and strike of set and technical elements
- Operate Sound and Lighting during performances
August 012 will consider new stage managers or those with very little/no previous experience if they demonstrate the correct characteristics and enthusiasm for the industry. In this case training will be provided before the commencement of rehearsals and during the process. The trainees will be compensated accordingly during these sessions. The training will include
- Shadowing opportunities with other professional companies
- Technical tutoring from Chapter Technicians
- One to one sessions with Producer and former Stage Manager Glesni Price-Jones
- Access to templates and examples of industry standard working practise.
- Free tickets for theatrical productions taking place in the run up to/during rehearsals
- Mentoring during the process from the Assistant Director (former August 012 Stage Manager)
- Rehearsals will take place at Chapter Arts Centre
- Travel and accommodation + subsistence will be provided during the touring date at Pontio in Bangor
- Some long hours during evenings and weekends will be required although this will never exceed Equity Standard working hours.
- A company laptop will be provided to the Stage Manager to be used during the production process
31st of January and 7th of February in Cardiff
To apply please send a covering letter detailing why you think you are suitable for the role along with your CV to Augst 012 Associate Producer Glesni Price-Jones by 09:00 on the 24th of January.