We are working with this exceptional artist Katie Payne to R&D and stage her first play My Mix(ed Up) Tape!
We are looking for a videographer/video editor to work with us on an archive and promo video plus ideas for audience engagement and social media activity through video.
We are collaborating with RCT Theatres to develop this play with and for RCT communities and touring.
Meet writer/performer Katie Payne and DJ Glade Marie from pre-lockdown R&D and Katie with her new green screen!
Want to know more? Read on! Thanks, Catherine (Artistic Director, Dirty Protest Theatre)
JOB TITLE : Archive Videographer and Video Editor
COMPANY : Dirty Protest Theatre / RCT Theatres
PROJECT : My Mix(ed up) Tape by Katie Payne
DATES : July 2020– October 2020
FEE : PAID - FEES NEGOTIABLE
LOCATION : Wales – but working from home
Dirty Protest, Katie Payne and RCT Theatres are producing a second phase R&D of My Mix(ed up) Tape thanks to grant support from the Arts Council of Wales, National Lottery and Welsh Government. My Mix(ed Up) Tape is a two person show that includes performed text and live music in the form of a female DJ. Due to Covid-19, the development of this play is now taking place over Zoom weekly with a digital sharing of the work in October. Therefore, we need social media and archive video content of the rehearsal process, plus a promotional video to send to potential co-producers and venues for touring.
- We are looking for a videographer/video editor who also has understanding and/or experience of creating archive video of performance.
- A videographer/video editor who will work with the creative team to create original video content for social media platforms, who will bring ideas on how to record and edit in-real-life and digital rehearsals, to use for social media promotion.
- A videographer who can propose ideas for, and edit and deliver, an archive film of the rehearsal period, and create a separate promotional film of the show for potential tour venues and show bookers, using footage from the Zoom rehearsals and in-real-life rehearsals.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Videography/video editing skills to help the creative team deliver a high quality archive video of the development and rehearsal process, and the October Zoom sharing, plus create a promotional film for future touring.
- Strong ideas in video editing to create engaging social media content
- A passion for the Arts in Wales, with ideas for how video can connect these stories to a diverse audience
- Strong knowledge in the use of Zoom and all of its capabilities
- Strong understanding of the potential for archive video
- Please email your CV with a brief paragraph on your interest in the role to email@example.com by 10am on Wednesday 29 July.
- In your email, please let us know about your connection to Wales: whether you are Welsh, Wales-based, or have any other connection to Wales (including training/education in Wales). As a Welsh company funded by the Arts Council of Wales, we will prioritise candidates who are Welsh, Wales-based or with a connection to Wales.
- We will meet shortlisted candidates over Zoom on the morning of Thursday 30 July
- To download a word.doc version of this job information please click here: _DIRTY%20PROTESTER%20NEEDS%20A%20VIDEOGRAPHER%21%20JOB%20DESCRIPTIO...
You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!
Join National Theatre Wales Community