What we are looking for?
We are looking for two creative practitioners to work on an exciting project in Gwenfo Primary School, near Cardiff.
Firstly we are looking for a charismatic and engaging storyteller who can inspire children with their words and performance skills to create, make up and write their own exciting stories. We are open to all forms of storytelling and really want someone who can excite and capture the imaginations of years 3 & 4.
Secondly we are looking for a filmmaker familiar with iMovie who can work with the same group to create short digital films of the stories. We are open to all forms of digital filmmaking and would like to encourage the children to explore the possibilities of animation, manga, film, puppetry and mask work. We are keen that the filmmaker would be able to share their expertise with the teachers & learners so that the participants learn the basic skills necessary to create films from iMovie.
Please note we are open to one practitioner being involved if they possess the skills required to see the project through from beginning to end.
We want this to be a project full of fun, excitement and rich learning opportunities. Our aim is to showcase the short films at a celebratory event at the end of the project where parents, teachers and the wider community can see what has been achieved.
KEY PROJECT REQUIREMENTS AND TIMESCALE
The project will take place between January and March 2017 with reflection and evaluation taking place early in the summer term. We anticipate that the storytelling element will take place in January and the filmmaking in February.
Upon recruitment, the practitioners will agree dates and times for delivery with staff, which will be set out in a contract for services with the school. All practitioners will need to be DBS checked before commencing work in the school.
The daily fee is £250.00 inclusive of any expenses and VAT where applicable. We envisage the storyteller phase will be approximately 3 full days (split in to 6, half day sessions) and the filmmaking phase slightly longer at approximately 6 full days. We anticipate around 12 days of time available across the whole project, which will include time for planning with teachers, co-delivery and evaluation.
The successful applicants will be contracted directly by Gwenfo primary school through the Lead Creative School Scheme funding to support this project. In addition, support will be provided by Creative Agent, Tracy Harris a freelance creative professional employed by Arts Council Wales to act as a critical friend, broker and creative advisor.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
Essential qualities and skills
• A high level of storytelling experience.
• An ability to encourage young people to engage in creative learning.
• An ability to clearly communicate story structure
• A commitment to genuine collaboration with learners and teachers
• A high level of digital filmmaking experience, the basics of which can be shared with learners and teachers.
• An ability to encourage young people to engage in creative learning
• An ability to use & teach iMovie and demonstrate other apps that may be useful for the learners/ teachers to use
• All creative practitioners appointed to the LCS scheme must attend a two day training session provided by Arts Council Wales and cannot be contracted without doing so. This training will take place 14th/15th or 16th/17th November in Cardiff
To apply, please send:
• A current CV
• An expression of interest which highlights your experience, skills, outline of any similar projects you have been involved in and any ideas you may have in approaching this project.
Please include links to your work, or embed into your expression of interest but please ensure attachments are not bigger than 2MB.
• Details of two referees.
Please email this to email@example.com by 9am on the 26th October.
Interviews will take place the week of Friday 4th November.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll endeavour to answer them ASAP.
Add a Comment