Common Wealth has a commission for a local writer (based in South Wales) two create 2 articles that reflect on the social impact of 2 co-created shows, coming to East Cardiff as part of the Moving Roots Touring Network (MRTN).
The first article will be about Epic Fail – a show co-created by musician Kid Carpet, Year 5 pupils at Glan-Yr-Afon Primary School in Llanrumney, and other pupils Kid Carpet worked with in Stoke, Wigan and Peterborough as part of MRTN. The show celebrates the joy of useless inventions and unexpected discoveries, embracing failure as an important part of everyday life.
We want to know what the impact of embracing failure has been on pupils, teachers and parents. Research for your article will involve seeing the show and interviewing these groups and Kid Carpet using a set of questions co- designed by Leila Jancovich (Failspace) which are being asked in all 4 MRTN locations.
The second article will be about a show we are in the process of commissioning, which will take place towards the end of 2022 or beginning of 2023.
Your commission will be supported by the Common Wealth team in East Cardiff and through a series of online mentoring sessions with Maddy Costa to develop your writing skills and to consider how and why we write about a creative process. We are open to the finished pieces being conventional articles or something a bit different – a comic strip, a poem, a short story, a spoken word piece performed to camera….
THE IMPORTANT BITS
• The commission will take place between June 2022 – March 2023.
• There is a fee of £1,000 for your time based on £100 a day
• We anticipate you will spend 6 days researching and writing
• We anticipate you will spend 4 days working with Maddy Costa (these days won’t be in whole day blocks and will be worked out at a time convenient for you)
• Epic Fail performances are taking place at 1.30pm on 15 & 16 June. You must be available to attend at least 1 performance
• You must have had a DBS check within the past 2 years
HOW TO APPLY
Please email email@example.com :
Deadline for applications: 5pm, 1 June 2022
If you have any questions about the commission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Add a Comment