Catherine Paskell's Comments

Comment Wall (255 comments)

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

At 22:15 on December 1, 2009, Rabab Ghazoul said…
Hey Catherine
thanks for that, yes, i have now joined the creatives group - hooray! - and was only previously held up from doing so because of my 20th century techno-backwardness which left me trying to figure out how to do so (til i saw the tab that said - 'join'!). Cheers for the encouragement! Rabab x
At 3:40 on November 26, 2009, Morwenna Preston said…
all looks very jolly!!! xx
At 2:32 on November 22, 2009, Lisa Parry said…
Hi Catherine. Should have a short piece on in London in Jan next year, but will let you know. Aber went really well. Lots of last minute writing, but really pleased with how the reading went and the changes I made etc. It was pretty intense and a really different way of working but I gained heaps from it I think! Loving the new season btw. x
At 20:36 on November 19, 2009, Peter Cox MBE said…
Hi Catherine, saw the Hijinx Gulliver show last night in Llandrindod Wells. What a very good show. Funny. Entertaining. Moving. Great performances. Lovely concept and writing. Strong and imaginative direction. Excellent design and lighting. A great adventure and a fascinating journey into madness, creativity, politics, love, anxiety and the power of the imagination - all presented with consummate theatrical wit and confidence. A really good night out.
At 9:59 on November 18, 2009, Robert Hopkins said…
Thanks for the comment I too hope to find work on the site :)
At 0:01 on November 18, 2009, tracy harris said…
When is good for you? I may go see days of significance thurs. Will try and do a bit of organising and work out(with a pie chart) when everyone can do. Yay excitingx
At 22:43 on November 16, 2009, tracy harris said…
Hiya!
Sounds good to me. The Romily do a good one on a Sunday. When you thinking? Will get cramming!xxx
At 7:00 on November 16, 2009, David Fynn said…
is it possible to add videos to our profile? cant quite work out a way to do it.

x
At 5:09 on November 16, 2009, James Craig said…
That's funny, there seems to be quite a few Cardiff Journalism postgrads floating around the area still. I might get in touch with Molly, I'm sure she will know the city better than me. Does she still live here?

I'm so excited about NTW - came to the lauch and left feeling very inspired! We've been assigned patches of interest on our course. We cover stories and issues from the patch throughout the year, so I made sure I grabbed Arts and Media. There's such alot going on art-wise at the moment, including you guys. Its a shame the programme doesn't kick off until March. Do you guys have anything exciting happening before then, or is it mostly prep for the shows? x
At 2:11 on November 16, 2009, Victoria John said…
Hi Catherine, just wanted to say a huge thank you for coming on Saturday night. We were really thrilled with the response from people in the bar afterwards and are awaiting our feedback forms from WMC. I am really excited about the calibre of people that want to come and work with us......it's so exciting. Just got to get my head down and try and get some funding now! Hopefully something will come from Incubator. If only I had wealthy friends!!!! Thanks again! Vx
At 7:42 on October 30, 2009, Nicolas Young said…
Thank you Catherine, you might wonder why it took it me so long to do it.. something to do with being a bit behind on contemporary technology (or too old).
At 11:06 on October 27, 2009, Miranda Roszkowski said…
Oo tricky question! I have a great soft spot for both Shakespeare and Chekhov, because of the poetry of the language, the depth of characters and excellently structured plots. But I can't say I have a particular favourite style; the most vital thing for me is that it is clear, and the play is made accessible to a modern audience.

For instance, I was very impressed this year by the Ivanov and Twelfth Night productions as part of the Donmar at the West End season in London. I felt the production values, staging and acting were absolutely breath taking – all elements combining to produce a coherent, clear and very moving piece of theatre, where language and characters are of primary importance.

Although I'm a great supporter of new writing and do genuinely believe that the future of Welsh theatre lies in fostering that type of talent, I would also love to see works by the Greek playwrights, Shakespeare and Chekhov, and their lesser known contemporaries, with solid production values and experienced actors who can breathe life into historic works performed in Wales (and Swansea in particular). I think that giving access to these works would inspire young audiences and be an excellent introduction to the rich world of theatre.

Great to hear from you, I am really enjoying the forum so far!

Miranda
At 1:03 on October 27, 2009, AdamLewisMusic said…
Ah yes, the original L&O is a good show - but the Americans do tend to invest a lot more in their arts I feel - financially and emotionally!

Thanks for the welcome...
At 22:51 on October 25, 2009, Sarah Argent said…
Good to see you on Friday night and thanks for dealing with the featured member thing ... I feel very honoured and it's a lovely thank you for our day of feeding back on the online community! Looking forward very much to next week. I start teaching at Welsh College at 1 on the 5th, but hoping I can catch enough of the excitement before then. x
At 2:39 on October 21, 2009, Simon Harris said…
Hi Catherine,

Not to worry about missing my Facebook message. NTW social messaging is the way to go anyway! Looks like we can move to stage 2 with the project in December, but it looks like we'll be touring it around April next year. Will let you know as an when.

See you soon hopefully,

Simon x
At 1:39 on October 20, 2009, Rhiannon Kemp said…
Hiya Catherine!
Thanks for taking the time to write to me and welcome me here. I do appreciate it. Yes I'm enjoying working at the Sherman although it will kinda finish in 3 weeks when Rachel who's been on her holiday will be back. I worked there 2005 -2006 also, its just such a magnet! People always come back to the Sherman it seems!
I do hope to meet you one day soon, I am really excited for your company :-)
At 6:14 on October 19, 2009, Lisa Parry said…
Hi Catherine, hope you're okay. I've a piece on at Aberystwyth Arts Centre as part of Travelling Light II on 19 Nov, starting at 7.30pm. It's very much a work-in-progress, but thought I'd let you know. I've some bits and pieces on in London too early next year, including a piece in the Miniaturists, if it's okay to give you a heads-up on those nearer the time? Lisa.

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service