Hello,

I have been asked to write an introductory message to you all!

I am about to begin working for National Theatre Wales (NTW) as a fundraiser. This opportunity has been created through Arts & Business Cymru, an organisation who are trying to attract young people to fundraising careers in Wales. Last year I was one of four interns who took part in a pilot scheme, each training at a different arts organisation in Cardiff, with myself being placed at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama. I am now partaking in a second phase of the internship and being placed with a growing arts charity; I am privileged to be working for NTW over the next nine months.

Drama and performance have always been a prominent part of my spare time, one of the earliest examples being a Cliff Richard concert at age 6...and most recently Miss Saigon the musical. So I am definitely going in the right direction...I think! Other interests include food, travel, films, creative things and helping run a weekly youth group. I really need to get back into oil painting too, as I have not committed much time to this since finishing my Fine Art degree in 2013.

I am now embarking on my 5th year in Cardiff having moved here from South West England and I am pretty confident it is going to be one of the best yet, working to raise funds for an organisation so full of vitality. There is little I enjoy more than variety and NTW promises that by the bucketful. Each creatively clever project they produce is so different in style and content, let alone location, that working here should be right up my street!

I really look forward to meeting everyone and getting to know you all throughout my time at NTW.

Best wishes in the meantime,

Lauren Webb

Views: 133

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Lauren Webb on September 18, 2014 at 1:23

Hi Michaela,

Yes Michelle mentioned that you will be joining NTW too - there will soon be a whole team of us in development! Thank you for messaging me, I have read your blog and it will be great to meet you soon!

Best wishes,

Lauren

Comment by Michaela Nutt on September 17, 2014 at 13:36

Hi Lauren!

I'm about to begin working at NTW too! I've been appointed as Development Associate (Grants) so I think we might be working closely together. Congratulations on the opportunity, it sounds like you've got a great career ahead of you. Interning is absolutely the best way to gain experience, my intern here at my current job has just been appointed to replace me so the opportunities are grand!

I start on October 20, cant wait to meet you!

Michaela x

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service