June Campbell - Davies / Dancer/ Choreographer/ Teacher/ Filmmaker

Dance%20CV%20June.docx

Im Cardiff based Dancer/Choreographer/teacher and novice filmmaker, at present im teaching dance/movement at Cardiff Metropolitan University [BA dance course], for the past few years i was teaching at Rubicon dance on their full time dance course and at present teaching Jazz for a few sessions this term at Royal College of Music and Drama. 

I also work and have done for a number of years during the summer with Swica Cardiff Carnival, bringing costumes to life through dance, and also helping towards designing a few sections and it has been really rewarding working with younger members of the team, Sukina Khan and Ffion Campbell-Davies with there Afro Brazilian  & Samba dancing. Carnival Crew a Community Music and Dance group we work collaboratively to devise material to tour music festivals during the summer around Wales, ending the summer at Portmerion Festival No. 6.

For Valley and Vale Community Arts i have worked on a number of projects with them starting with my community film Video 'Reflections' looking at three generations of dance in my family and my work as a dancer in Cardiff.2003

In 2005 I received a Creative Wales Award to research in more depth my family heritage as first generation immigrants in Uk in colloboration with Valley and Vale video facilitator Katja Stiller and Nigel Watson of Theatre Teliesyn. As a result a short Video/performance ' Falling Leaves Return to their Roots '  which was performed and toured to few venue's around Wales. 

As an older performer i have worked on a number of productions with Caroline Lambs under Strikking Attitude,

Three parts iced over [ Coal Exchange 2008 ]

Into the dark dark Wood [ Chapter Arts Centre / Mini Wales Tour 2012]

For Trinidadian Visual Artist Adeola Dewis - i have worked on a number of projects the lastest was at Coed Hill Arts Centre - which was and early dawn project /installation/shamanic /improvisation led experiment. 

These days im still choreographying but mainly student productions and i would like to get back in to creating dance film shorts

Views: 639

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service