AUDITION: Sweeney Todd (Community Theatre)

Pukka Productions (a community theatre school based in Barry, Vale of Glamorgan) are putting on Sweeney Todd this summer. After the success of our 10 year anniversary production of Jesus Christ Superstar, we have started auditioning for this year's production.

We are auditioning for all roles (except Mr.Todd himself whom will be played by Michael Bennett).

Parts we're auditioning are:

Mrs. Lovett (mid 20s-mid 30s) 
Mezzo soprano - middle range up to an E.

Anthony (under 25) 
Bari/tenor up to F#

Johanna (under 25) 
Soprano up to B flat

Toby (young boy) 
Tenor up to B

Judge Turpin (older male) 
Bass/bari ... Very low range needed and up to a top F

The Beadle (older male) 
High tenor to top A

Beggar woman (20s-30s) 
Mezzo soprano up to F#

Pirelli (any age range)
Flamboyant tenor to top A

Jonas Fogg (TBC)

and static chorus and moving chorus roles.

To get up to date information about the production/auditions, please join this group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/191085594559732/

Singing auditions will be held on 21st AND 28th January at Crossways Church, Crossways Road, Barry.
Auditions run between 6.30-9pm. You will need to sing solo and provide sheet music but your song DOES NOT have to be from Sweeney Todd. The audition will last between 10-20 minutes. You can either pre-book a slot or turn up.

Dance auditions will be on 28th January at same location. They will run from 7.15-8.15pm.
Please aim to arrive 7pm to start warming up. You will not need to prepare anything for the dance audition. 
Note: Please come in appropriate clothing (not baggy clothes as I won't be able to see how you move properly).

You can complete the singing audition and dancing audition but please email me prior to the final round of auditions, so we can make sure your auditions don't clash.

Show week is July 25th-31st 2016 at Paget Rooms, Penarth.
We rehearse every Thursday evening (6pm onwards). Closer to the show they're may be weekend rehearsals.

Director: Sarah Creasey
MD: David George Harrington (RWCMD)
Choreographer: Sarah Hudson.

If you wish to book an audition slot or have further questions, please email myself at sarahhudson91@outlook.com.

If you also can't attend any of these audition dates (for singing or dancing), contact me on the above email address and we will work something out.

Pukka Productions facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Pukka-Productions-311122002265911/?fref=ts

Images from our 2015 Jesus Christ Superstar production:

Views: 565

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service