ACTRESS WANTED FOR COLLEGE SHORT FILM

What if a little girl coming into the world had the ability to treat a father’s addiction and change his life for the better?

Based on a true story, ‘Butter Beans’ is a realistic look into the lives of a family torn apart by addiction. In suburban Wiltshire, protagonist Mollie is an 8-year-old girl with a vibrant attitude and an adult mind. She lives with her mother, Lauren who works very hard to provide a comfortable life for them both. Ex-husband and lousy father, Steven lives in a run down, dirty and destroyed flat. After a long custody battle, Steven gets to see Mollie once in a while. His alcoholism leads him to believe that it’s acceptable to neglect his responsibilities, irrationally lose his temper and display his substance abuse in front of her. Will Steven be able to stop his behaviour before it’s too late?

- Synopsis. 

My name is Rosie Badder and I am currently in my final months studying Creative Media Production at Cardiff and Vale College. I am looking to produce a short film that I have written as one of my final units at the college. Filming will take place at three separate locations in Cardiff, two of them being in Cathays and the other in Canton. All three of the locations are indoors. I am looking for two actors, one female (Lauren) and one male (Steven) both aged between 18-35 - appearance does not matter. 

This film is primarily a college project. This film could be used as a social awareness video however there have been no plans to do so at this stage. We may use the film in portfolios of our work.

Filming will take place over the Easter holidays and will be worked around my job. I will set definite filming days when I know my rota.

Brief Character Descriptions

Lauren 

Lauren is confident and happy with the person she is after a long time of being down and self-conscious. She is content with her life and has a positive opinion on herself. Despite the difficult challenges parenthood has delivered to her, she wouldn't have it any other way. She is completely in love with her daughter and worries about her a lot.

Lauren is a selfless person. On countless occasions she has gone without in order to provide food and clothes for Mollie. She will do anything she can to make sure her daughter is happy and gives her the best life possible considering the circumstances. 

BOTH OF THESE ROLES ARE UNPAID. AUDITIONS CAN BE HELD THIS WEEK TUESDAY - FRIDAY AT CARDIFF AND VALE COLLEGE AT ANY TIME. CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. I CAN PROVIDE THE SCRIPT BEFORE THE AUDITION IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ROLE. 

Hope to hear from you soon! Contact me on rosiebadder@gmail.com 

Views: 134

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service