Following on from last week I thought I'd do a double bill and continue the theme of success.
As I said last week success is an individual thing. What I see as a successful endeavour others may not and vice versa.
I recently watched the Hollywood Reporters Comedy Roundtable

http://youtu.be/6Hz2GIowLII

and during it Ricky Gervais said the only person you need to please is yourself. And I couldn't agree more.
With that being said I haven't chose a quote from Mr Gervais (maybe in a later feel good) this week I have gone with the gorgeous human being that was Maya Angelou

'Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it'

Couldn't agree more!
We are all on different paths in life and chasing different goals/dreams but if you, yourself are happy and like the path you are on then success (I believe) will follow.
And no, the path you are on doesn't have to be out of the world it could be to have a 9-5, it could be to travel, go to university, become the worlds best binman! But remember that whatever path you are on is extraordinary to you and you alone.
As long as you are happy in doing what you are doing and liking what you do then you are a success.
Celebrate it and be proud of it!

Because even though people will support you as many people will slate you and think you should have different dreams or be on a separate path.
Do something that you like and happiness will partner that and in time success will follow.
As I wrote a few weeks ago quoting Mr Bob Dylan if you wake up and go to sleep and in between you've done everything you want to do. You're a success.

Until next week
Much love :)

Views: 143

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Connor Allen on April 1, 2016 at 8:24
No probs hun :) glad it inspired xx
Comment by Mari Ellis Dunning on April 1, 2016 at 7:18

Brilliant post Connor, and exactly what I needed to hear today!! X

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service