Some 13th century castles, a Welsh freedom fighter, and a silent disco...

It all begins on Harlech beach. There we were in January this year, half frozen in the winter light, and having a production conversation about needing a drone in our next show (Croesi Traeth). And then lo, the very next day, we arrive for rehearsals on the beach and there is a small group of people with a man operating a drone!

Whilst the artists chatted to the operator, I spoke with the small group who turned out to be from Gwynedd Council tourism and marketing team. They told me that they were working on an exciting idea for Visit Wales' themed "Year of Legends" for 2017 and wanted to commission a company to make a new work about Owain Glyndwr using the four CADW, and Unesco World Heritage Site, castles - Conwy, Beaumaris, Caernarfon and Harlech.

Fast forward seven months, and in just two weeks time, our Disgo Distaw Owain Glyndwr Silent Disco will be touring north Wales engaging locals and tourists alike. Find out more by watching Eddie Ladd in our trailer, and hope to see you on the dancefloor in one of the castles soon....

Views: 274

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Claire Bottomley on July 17, 2017 at 10:52

Good Luck - I hope it's a big success!

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service