WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

When I heard that "Shelf Life" was going to be on for three weeks and mainly two performances most show days I felt we might not get the crowds. I was wrong. With sell out performances every day it was a show that couldn't be beaten. As part of the success of "Shelf Life" and also the more recent "Swansea Assembly" which drew crowds of forty plus, it's great to hear that National Theatre Wales want to involve Swansea again. Although, how do you top those shows? To be honest I don't think you can top them, only, hopefully, equal them.

Some of the members of National Theatre Wales in Swansea met up. Devinda lead the discussion on what to do next. A favourite theme occured which caught the imagination of members there - "Where are you from?" This idea came from Sylvie. The thing is, how do you answer it? You might say just the place or country you were born? You might have memories of the place you were brought up as a child? You might think only about where you are now?

Members like Nicky had interesting views on the history of Swansea and what names mean. Another member, Lee, felt we should include views from all areas of the community.

A future project is likely to involve people giving views on "Where are you form?" around various parts of Swansea which will be edited and possibly viewed on the National Theatre of Wales website via youtube.

NTW is about the community, both virtual and real. So the important thing is, "What do you think about the idea? Would you like to be involved?" If so contact Devinda, myself, or any other member of "TEAM Swansea ntw02" group and we could arrange a time and place in Swansea to film. Also, please feel free to involve friends or family.

Thanks,

Neil

Views: 58

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service