****PAID ACTING JOB*** Stage Play (new writing) - The PENIS Apology******* URGENT

Hello lovely people!

So sorry for the late notice on this one but…..

PAID ACTING GIG here. 

Type: Stage Play

Name: The PENIS Apology

Genre: Comedy/Drama

When: 13th - 18th December 2021 (performance dates)

Where: Bristol Alma Tavern Pub Theatre, Heath Park Community Hall, Cardiff and Scout Hut (behind Christ Church) in Roath, Cardiff

Rehearsals: 29th November - 11th December. 11 days worth of rehearsals in Scout Hut plus some zoom rehearsals (if it can be done)

Payment: £1K (one thousand pounds) to the actor. This will include travel expenses.

Synopsis: “One night. One room. One woman. One man. A cat. A murder. One hell of an apology. MAN is a playwright and screenwriter who has to build his confidence to admit to and apologise for, accidentally killing the pet cat to WOMAN, his girlfriend and aspiring actor, just as she’s about to return home from a bad day at work…because as all men know, that’s the perfect time to admit you’ve screwed up!”

This is a story about two bisexual people in the middle of the action of their relationship over the course of one evening. Much like a fly on the wall, we bear witness to all the acrimony, frustration, sarcasm, love, nurturing, companionship, friendship, sex, lies, anger, trauma, ugliness and happiness of these two flawed, imperfectly perfect characters.

This is my latest play I’ve written. It’s a full length production, about 1 hr and 30 minutes. I’ll be directing and performing in it too. 

Character of WOMAN: 22 years old to 35 years old. Any ethnicity. Is a bit of a firecracker, looks and sounds like she can dominate a man. Very confident, sarcastic, sassy, witty, but mature enough to listen and admit when she’s got things wrong. She’s a prejudiced individual. Harbours a deep kind of sexism and likes to be the alpha in any relationship whether it be with a woman or a man. She makes mistakes and tries to learn from them. She’s also a struggling actor working her day job in a call centre which she hates and comes home always tired and hungry and gobby, which she takes out on her boyfriend. 

Any questions please message me on here or my email: anakinsengupta@yahoo.com and I’ll answer as best I can

thank you and take care!

Ankur Sengupta

Views: 272

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service