It's the day after the night before, and I am happy to say I am not full up with cold!!! Happy days! Everyone was fantastic yesterday, really mucking in even though the weather was wet, to say the least.

It has been a great 3 week process, lots of laughs, lots of storming out of rehearsals, lots of fights, like real fights with blood and broken bones, but that's how Catherine rolls!

But on a more serious note it has been a great process, and for a piece of theatre that doesn't really have a script, a lot less stressful than I had previously thought! Partly down to the freedom we (me and Mathew) have had, but mostly down to our creative team, the ever hilarious Carl Morris aka Dewi, the super competitive Bethan Marlow aka Catherine and the annoyingly posh Rhiannon Cousins aka Lauren!

Just a bit of a thank you to everyone really guys, designers, stage managers, technical staff and the local community - the twitchers!!! It has been one hell of a laugh and, broken bones aside, a fun time all round!

Cheers guys, and in the famous words of Dewi
KEEP BUGGERING ON!!!!

Views: 84

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Joan Philips on July 31, 2010 at 23:17
I will miss you guys after tonight...it`s been a blast...live long and prosper xxxxxx
Comment by Catherine Paskell on July 31, 2010 at 14:31
We couldn't have done it without Bethrinannon x
Comment by Mathew Lloyd on July 31, 2010 at 3:05
Mike? U soppy git. Dunt go lying just to butter up the director and writers in the hope for more work. We've been whipped. Tortured. Scolded abused humiliated, tarred and feathered, and I'm pretty sure I was locked in a cupboard and touched in my cheesy place. The writers cruely put all scripted dialogue in CAPITALS. So for the first week everyone at the scala thought I was insane and had anger management problems.
Comment by Carl Morris on July 31, 2010 at 0:51
Well it won't rain tonight will it?

I should probably explain that "Dewi" was my alter ego when pre-show we were exploring Michael and Mathew's possible responses to different kinds of players. A taxing session but ultimately worth it!

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service