Information

Actors

An official National Theatre Wales group

Actors who want to hear about news and opportunities at National Theatre Wales, and keep in touch with each other.

View the National Theatre Wales Casting Policy here.

Members: 1009
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2023

Discussion Forum

Casting Call

Started by Caroline Sabin Jun 16, 2021.

CASTING CALL

Started by Stacey Daly Jun 16, 2021.

BoomTown 2019

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 26, 2019.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Actors to add comments!

Comment by Greg Cullen on May 14, 2012 at 2:45

Hello everyone,

"Love at First Light" finishes its run at Chapter Arts Centre this Saturday.   Its been getting a great response thus far. We're in a development phase, but its still a show packed with great performances and much to relish.

The richly comic “Love at First Light”, like first love and childhood, takes place on a blissful summer’s day by the sea.  A vivid array of eccentric, hilarious and troubled characters find themselves sitting next to one another, soaking up the sun wondering what became of their first loves.  From a couple who swing, to an old woman remembering her G.I. lover, a lost Pakistani woman with a feast for her friends to a misanthropic man in search of peace to write his memoir, we unravel what brought them to this beach, which by the way seems to be playing tricks on them

“ Love at First Light” comes from the award winning team of writer Greg Cullen and choreographer Phil Williams, whose last show “Muscle” won the prestigious Herald Angel Award at the Edinburgh Festival before a successful tour of Wales. Based on interviews with real people, truth once again proves stranger than fiction as memories swing between the hilarious to the deeply moving and tender.

With a cast that includes TV presenter and actor Hannah Daniels, Trinidadian singer Mary-Ann Roberts, S4C regular Jams Thomas and newcomer Rhys Downing, “Love at First Light” is a rollercoaster of entertainment that is becoming the stock in trade for Cardiff based company Shock n Awe Performance Co.  Fans of “Muscle” will recognise the excellent Francois Pandolfo who shines alongside Lisa Zahra, Natalie Paisey and Gary Knowles.

Greg and Phil first worked together on groundbreaking productions for the National Youth Theatre of Wales such as “Café Cariad” and “An Informer’s Duty”. They formed Shock n Awe in 2010 to continue combining dance and drama in new and exciting ways. “Love at First Light” is no exception and promises a feast of music, dance and wonderful stories.

Comment by Matt Ball on May 8, 2012 at 22:23

There are casting calls for LIVEARTSHOW's Rhinegold here and for Dirty Protest's production of After The End here

Comment by Luke John Slade on May 6, 2012 at 6:27
Hey everyone i'm luke still trying to brake into the acting industry, can you add me as your friend and help by giving me some tips, techniques you perfer and what ever you think would help to get on the stage, thank you, luke
Comment by Kristoffer Huball on May 6, 2012 at 5:15

Hello all. Just a message to say thanks for the responses towards the physical theatre workshop that I shall be running at the Sherman in June. Due to inundation applications are now closed. I'll look to run another one in the near future though, so keep eyes peeled.

Comment by Angela Smith on May 5, 2012 at 0:48

All acting opportunities for physical or applied theatre projects (of particular interest), please let me know what I should be watching out for?  Thanks.

Comment by Jody Tozer on May 1, 2012 at 3:26

I'm always looking for cast members for my short films. If you'd like to be added to my database, please message me your email address. For more information please see www.bulldozerfilms.co.uk

Comment by Tom Moore on May 1, 2012 at 1:19

Hello all, currently in rehearsals as Sebastian for my drama school's final year production of 'Twelfth Night', running June 6- June 9 at the Manchester School of Theatre's Capitol Theatre. Please visit the school's website for further information, and do come along!

Comment by David Garner on April 27, 2012 at 3:15

Anyone one doing any Projects that need a male Actor like myself?
Check out my page and spotlight, let me know of anything!

Dave : ) x 

Comment by Kristoffer Huball on April 26, 2012 at 21:57

Hello all,

I'm doing some research for a piece of theatre I'm making and am looking for  stories about fathers and sons. Please inbox me if you have any to share. kristoffer_huball@hotmal.co.uk Thank you.

Comment by Bethan Brean on April 14, 2012 at 7:45

CALLING ALL MALE ACTORS!!!!!!!!

Hello, I am a second year uni student and I am currently making a film for one of my uni projects. I am looking for a male actor to play the Dad, age ranging from 40's - late 50's. (If you can drive and own your own car that would be great too) It would be greatly appreciated if you could spare us a bit of your time on Friday 27th April. If any of you are interested please get in touch with me at b.brean1@gmail.com 

thank you, 

Bethan Brean

DSC_0050.JPG (and also you get to see a scenic view in the South Wales Valleys too)

Members (1009)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service