The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning

Information

The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning

One of the most important political stories of our time - Bradley Manning, the US soldier accused of leaking thousands of military cables to Wikileaks - brought to life in this award-winning production by the UK's most exciting new national company.

'A viscerally exciting piece of theatre' (Guardian).

**** (Daily TelegraphIndependent on Sunday, TheArtsDesk.com, Western Mail).

The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning was first staged across Wales in April 2012 and will be remounted at the 2013 Edinburgh Festival Fringe. 

See the show at: 

Pleasance at St Thomas of Aquin's High School,

Chalmers St, Edinburgh EH3 9ES

6th - 25th August 2013

Members: 98
Latest Activity: Aug 3, 2018

This group is here for people interested in, involved in and affected by the play The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning. Join in and contribute as we develop the play further and re-stage our artistic response to his story, and his relationship with Wales. 

You can read a blog post by TIm Price on why he wanted to tell this story here.

Click here to see our Storify Story of tweets and other content around the first staging of The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning.

We're updating a Storify Story around the 2013 remounting, and you can see that here.   

----------

This play is a fictional account which has been inspired by a true story. The incidents, characters and time lines have been changed for dramatic purposes. In some cases fictitious characters and incidents have been added to the plot, and the words are those imagined by the author. The play should not be understood as a biography or any other factual account. 

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

#NTWBradley Twitter feed

Loading… Loading feed

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning to add comments!

Comment by Sarah Dullaghan on April 23, 2012 at 20:09

Hello Everyone,

Boring technical question but would really appreciate the help... Tried to watch The Radicalisation online Thursday night but on two computers, where I assume the video stream should play, only a blank white screen loaded.

There didn't appear to be any button I could press to load anything up, no sign of any media on the page at all. I could see people commenting about the production underneath where it should have been playing and could see the rest of the webpage but just a blank, white box in placement of the video.

Any ideas on what may have been wrong and how I might go about sorting it for another showing? I tried 'Refreshing' the page near a hundred times to no success.

Any/all help and info would be greatly appreciated!

I went to the same school as Bradley and I'm gutted I wasn't able to see it live in my home town of Haverfordwest so really, really don't want to miss out!

Thanks so much and apologies for the long comment.

Sarah.x

Comment by Tom Beardshaw on April 23, 2012 at 1:03

Very appreciative of this thoughtful review of the online experience. It really digs into the issues around the surveillance and virtual experience we've tried to create. 

Comment by Lindi Carter on April 19, 2012 at 13:23

Dear All,

Please check out EVENT I just listed:

STAND UP, STAND UP FOR BRADLEY MANNING!  (Benefit Gig for Bradley - Comedy and an acoustic set from a singer songwriter) 

SUNDAY 22ND APRIL (this Sunday) at the YARD, 42 St Mary St, Riverside, CARDIFF at 7.30

PLEASE SUPPORT if you can!

Comment by Gwawr Loader on April 16, 2012 at 2:13
Comment by Debbie Hewett on April 16, 2012 at 0:16

I saw this last Thursday. It is a long time since I saw such a thought provoking piece of political theatre. Given that it was indicated as a piece of theatre not to miss by the Guardian and the Independent, I am surprised at the lack of reviews. Perhaps they are waiting for Cardiff before the critics arrive.

As an ex teacher, it was disappointing that there were not more young people there. I can imagine it would be very useful for A Level, BTEC and GCSE students to see as part of their drama/performing arts course not only in terms of the content but also the staging and acting . Will the show have a life after the welsh dates? It could easily get a market if it toured.

Comment by Sion Young on April 15, 2012 at 3:17

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/29/134931695/bradley-mannings-home-life-...

Not sure if it's been posted before but lots of images of Bradley growing up.

Comment by Tim Price on April 15, 2012 at 0:00

Hi Carmen,

There's lots of things you've asked about there. I'm not sure there's an straight answer to your questions. Yes I did self-censor, but then I do that to myself every minute of the day. I think, as a responsible person you need to be conscious of the contexts in which you tell stories.

Did I feel compromised by any self-censoring? No. I wrote what I wanted to write. There were lots of legal questions and issues which I blogged about on the Guardian, but nothing which I felt compromised the play we wanted to make. I did train as a journalist and ultimately you can take as much advice as you want but really a lot of it is common sense.

Comment by Catherine Paskell on April 13, 2012 at 2:47

Comment by Catherine Paskell on April 13, 2012 at 2:43

Comment by Catherine Paskell on April 13, 2012 at 2:41

Opening night in Haverfordwest, TEAM members in The Snowdrop Bar. 

Members (95)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service