Information

Technical

An official National Theatre Wales group

Technicians and Stage Managers or anybody interested in or working backstage.  

Members: 242
Latest Activity: Nov 23, 2021

Discussion Forum

Recruiting Stage Managers and Costume Supervisor

Started by Fiona Curtis Feb 6, 2018.

Recruiting Multi-skilled Technicians

Started by Fiona Curtis Feb 6, 2018.

PAID WORK: Designer required for outdoor theatre show.

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 23, 2017.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Technical to add comments!

Comment by National Theatre Wales on December 5, 2012 at 6:59

Hi all.  One of the pieces of feedback we've had over the last few months is that it would be great to have more opportunities for 'mid-career' artists to input into NTW outside of the needs of a particular show or commission.  So for 2013 we've created the 'Artist of the Year' position. It's open to all kinds of creatives - including designers, sound artists, crafts people, etc etc. You can get all the info here  There's no strict definition of 'mid-career' but the idea was to balance the opportunities that are out there for emerging practitioners with something for those who have some experience, but still long for new opportunities.  Over to you!

Comment by Jen Thornton on November 8, 2012 at 4:46

Wales Millennium Centre are looking for 2 technical apprentices to start in January. If you're interested, find out more: 

http://www.wmc.org.uk/AboutTheCentre/OpportunitiesandCareers/

Comment by Glesni Price-Jones on November 6, 2012 at 3:00

Not sure what you mean by application Gerald (my knowledge in this area is limited) we will be playing onto 3 old TV's switching between DVD, live camera feed and a holding screen. Would like you to email me (glesnipj@gmail.com) or give me a ring if you can and we can talk in more detail. 

Thanks

Glesni 

Comment by Gerald Mandy Tyler on November 6, 2012 at 2:14

Hi there Glesni - I have an Edirol V8 which I do rent at a reasonable price. What is you application?

Comment by Glesni Price-Jones on November 6, 2012 at 0:42

Hello All, 

Does anyone know of any company / group / individual with a vision mixer they hire out to others at a reasonable price? Would greatly appreciate any information. 

Thanks

Glesni 

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on October 9, 2012 at 2:00

NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR RECENT GRADUATE OR SOMEONE IN NEED OF PAID WORK: 1.Do you need to build up your CV and shadow a professional or 2. Are you a professional needing work. We are looking for a stage manager/lighting and sound technician from November the 12th to 24th - its a small two hander working with a fabulous team - nice job to develop your skills or slot in between jobs.

Comment by Kyla Miller on September 13, 2012 at 1:19

Hello!

I've recently moved to Cardiff and am looking for work in stage management. If you or anyone you know need an SM, DSM or ASM, you can contact me at kyla.miller@gmail.com. I'll be happy to send you a CV. 

Thanks!

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on September 9, 2012 at 1:08

Utah Bride Tour Nov 2012 in conjunction with Arts Council Wales, Directed by Louise Osborn and written by Carmen Stephens

"1.618 are looking for a techie for two weeks, Chapter and tour, must be able to drive and do sound and lights, lift etc... the usual. Monday 12th/24th Nov" contact me on here or rodstephens@btinternet.com for full information 

Comment by Daniel O'Gorman on June 20, 2012 at 0:20

Interested in working professionally in the production, entertainment and music production industries?
Mercury Artist Management is looking for enthusiastic, intelligent young people who have a real drive and ambition to get involved on a professional level with one of the top agencies!
Mercury Artist Management is partnered, for 6months of the year with Wales' Biggest Talent Competition: Cardiff's Got Talent.
It is now looking for those to sign up to work for it for period of time (experience depending) to help produce, tech, scout and manage some of the hottest new and emerging artists in entertainment, theatre and music.

If you are interested, please email your CV to: rowbyrow@hotmail.co.uk

Comment by Helen Williams on June 13, 2012 at 0:40

We want to make a TV effect on stage using the ignitors from fluorescents and normal 60W bubbles. Is it ok to run this through a dimmer rack? 

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service