Putting the Presentation Training into Practise

So it has been a month or so since a group of us got together in the NTW Office to get some Presentation training from Lesa and today was the day i got the chance to put all the tecniques i learnt into practice.

I was asked by Devinda and Anna to represent Team and create a presentation to give to first year students at the Atrium University as which i am currently a second year. As much as i looked forward to being able to put the training into use i was wholly scared as to the fact that i could fail quite badly.

Over the couple of days i had to prepare for the presentation (with some excellent help from Anna who created the powerpoint on my behalf) i felt quite good. I followed everything i could to prepare and schedule my presentation to make the most of the time i had and to get across the relevant facts. On that side of things i am happy, in capable hands the presentation could have been a success (btw i am not saying that mine wasn't but it wasn't as impressive as i had hoped)

I came away from it feeling that i did a distinctly average job, the nerves got the better of me and i didnt have a huge amount of stage presence. I am slightly dissapointed but you live and learn and that experience will no doubt help me in future similiar circumstances.

Hopefully aswell the cold hard facts about NTW and Team managed to make a few of the students sign up as quickly as possible if so then i can't complain to much. I am really glad i was given this opportunity and that Devinda was happy to put such responibility on my shoulders.

This was an experience and from now its just onwards and upwards

P.S

Hey to any new community members who might just have been inspired enough by me :P

Views: 267

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Jen Thornton on September 27, 2012 at 5:43

And a ps... a couple of people with 'Drama student at Glamorgan Uni' as their biog have joined the community today. Good work! 

Comment by John Williams on September 27, 2012 at 5:40

Thank you everyone for the positive reponses. I am more than happy to help NTW or Team in anyway i can and it was a really good experience.

Comment by Guy O'Donnell on September 27, 2012 at 4:34

Hi John I was there, it was a great presentation ,your sense of humor really came across.Well Done !

Comment by Devinda De Silva on September 27, 2012 at 1:10

Many thanks & well done for doing this John. There was never any doubt that you were the best person to represent National Theatre Wales at this event. 

Comment by Jen Thornton on September 26, 2012 at 23:06

Hi John, that sounds fab - and hearing about TEAM from a fellow student must be great for your colleagues! Thanks for reporting back, it's good to hear you found the training valuable. I've done the same session with Lesa and I thought it was brilliant. 

Jen :)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service