Information

Actors

An official National Theatre Wales group

Actors who want to hear about news and opportunities at National Theatre Wales, and keep in touch with each other.

View the National Theatre Wales Casting Policy here.

Members: 1009
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2023

Discussion Forum

Casting Call

Started by Caroline Sabin Jun 16, 2021.

CASTING CALL

Started by Stacey Daly Jun 16, 2021.

BoomTown 2019

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 26, 2019.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Actors to add comments!

Comment by NT Connections on June 13, 2013 at 2:49

National Theatre Connections 2014 - Applications Open

Ten new plays for young people to perform.

To find out more about Connections as well as how to apply join our National Theatre Connections 2014 group.

Comment by Timothy Collins on June 12, 2013 at 7:17

Hello all.

Next month (17th July) There shall be a comedy night in the Porters Bar called Boxfull of Comedy, ran by comedian Dan Mitchell. Last month, the first night was held and the theme was animals, it was a great night and the sketches were fantastic. The night is split between filmed sketches (shown in the cinema room) and then live sketches on stage in the main area. This month, the theme is Science!

We all looking for any actors and actresses who would like to get involved in performing in both the filmed and live sketches. We already have some ideas for what will come about but we just require more acting support to give a more varied take on the comedy styles!

If this interests you then we are having a meeting in the Porters Bar on Tuesday (18th) for actors and actresses.

Please email info@boxfullofcomedy.co.uk for more details!

Many many many thanks :)

Comment by Hannah McPake on June 10, 2013 at 10:43

Casting Breakdown:

Gagglebabble
are casting for 1 male actor for:

Apparitions of Spirits - with the Forsythe sisters

A new ghostly musical from the makers of The Bloody Ballad. 

Be prepared for an evening of strange stories, visitations, musical communions and transgressions to the dark side.

Written by Lucy Rivers and Hannah McPake
Directed by Adele Thomas
Creative Associate Dafydd James
With original live music by Lucy Rivers and featuring special guest Dan Lambert aka Jonny Cage
Supported by The Arts Council of Wales, Theatr Iolo, Chapter Arts Centre and The Norwegian Church

This is the development of our new show which culminates in 4 public performances at the Norwegian Church around Halloween.

We are looking for:
1 Male actor playing age 30-45 to join a cast of 6.

Character description: A nervous, desperate to please, repressed Rev who hosts the evening of Ghost stories.  He also happens to have a dark, haunted past of his own.

Must be comfortable with improvising and devising.

Desirable, a good singing voice and the ability to play basic guitar.

Project Dates:
1 week R and D: Monday 30th Sept-Sat 5th Oct
(1 Week unpaid holiday while we develop the script)
then 2 and a half weeks rehearsal starting 14th Oct
half a week of performances: 30th Oct, 31st Oct (x2 an early evening and a late night "fright night" show) and 1st Nov.

Fee:
4x £430 per week (unfortunately we can't pay travel or subsistence so this would suit some one with a Cardiff base)

Please email headshot and CV to Lucy and Hannah at gagglebabble@gmail.com

Further information about the company can be found on our website www.gagglebabble.co.uk

Deadline for applications 21st June.
Auditions will be held 1st-3rd July in Cardiff.

Comment by Patrick Steed on June 7, 2013 at 4:00

Hi Guys 

Check out THIS POST regarding auditions in Cardiff next week....

Cheers

Patrick

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on June 6, 2013 at 2:07

Hey everyone.  NTW TEAM Workout is now confirmed for 7 July at Volcano Theatre's space in Swansea.  Blog of how to get involved is here - it should be a good opportunity to get actively involved in new work and meet potential collaborators.  Hopefully will see some of you there!  Any queries let me know.

Comment by Gavin Porter on June 5, 2013 at 0:18

Hi, I am looking for performers (Actor, Poet, singer etc) to work on the next NTW Assembly which is taking place on Anglesey 20th June. You will need to be able stay on Anglesey 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th.

Its is desirable, but not essential, that you have some Facilitation experience, knowledge of the NTW Assembly program and be from Anglesey or surrounding areas.

If you are interested please email me: gavinporter[at]nationaltheatrewales.org

Comment by Marie Suzanne Todd on May 31, 2013 at 11:13

Hi all, I am looking for street performers, clowns, stilt walkers musicians ect for a fete on the 29th June, fee negotiable and you will be able to sell or busk if you desire, you must be able to travel to the Llantrisant area. Please contact if you are intrested or have any questions.

Comment by Aaron Fisher on May 13, 2013 at 23:41

Looking for a couple of actors for a short horror film!

Clicky

Comment by Franklyn Jacks on May 13, 2013 at 4:50

Hiya folks

Hope you're all well and still inspiring one another. I am putting this out to everyone as i need some advice, i'm going to be tight lipped for now but i am creating a new theatre company and i would like to know from you guys what are the best initial steps forward. I have to be honest the idea of setting up a business terrifies me as i am an Actor with a Drama degree, not a businessman.

So please one and all could you offer me some advice and encouragement on what are the best steps forward. I've got a couple of pieces in the pipeline so there is material there. I just need some wisdom and encouragement, thank you.

Comment by Jen Thornton on May 7, 2013 at 4:46

Ululating performer wanted for a BBC Drama: 

Little Monster Films Ltd are filming a new BBC 1, 13-part primetime drama series called Atlantis and we are looking to cast a woman who can ululate - the tongue trill often used in North African and Middle Eastern music cultures. This is for a short scene we are filming at our studio in Chepstow on Friday 10th May. This is an equity rate paid role and all transport would be organised and paid for through our production office. 

The performer will be asked to perform an ululation on camera as part of a large tribal scene filmed in a studio. However, it is likely it will be dubbed in the edit – so no need for a perfect live performance! 

Contact Delyth: delyth@littlemonsterfilms.co.uk if this is you!

Members (1009)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service