Information

Actors

An official National Theatre Wales group

Actors who want to hear about news and opportunities at National Theatre Wales, and keep in touch with each other.

View the National Theatre Wales Casting Policy here.

Members: 1009
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2023

Discussion Forum

Casting Call

Started by Caroline Sabin Jun 16, 2021.

CASTING CALL

Started by Stacey Daly Jun 16, 2021.

BoomTown 2019

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 26, 2019.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Actors to add comments!

Comment by Rogue'z Theatre Company on February 11, 2014 at 18:06

Crew needed for our Production...THE WINTER GIFT

17-22nd Feb (next week!!)

If you can do teching/make-up/costume/LX/SFX/Media etc. then please get in touch.

You don't have to be able to do the whole week, just email us with your availability at roguez-theatre@hotmail.co.uk and we'll get back to you.

Thank you!

Comment by Louisa Marie Lorey on February 10, 2014 at 1:03
Hi all!
Hope everyone is well.

TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR:

Rogue'z Theatre Company production The Winter Gift.
19th - 22nd Feb at The Urdd, Wales Millennium Centre.

Link for tickets - http://www.ticketsource.co.uk/event/51037

Be great to see you all there :)
Comment by Catherine Capelin on February 9, 2014 at 22:25

Hello all!

Theatr Ffynnon are currently looking for new drama facilitators to run workshops with their members.

Theatr Ffynnon is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with people with learning difficulties. 

If you would like to know more or to send your CV then please contact  projects@theatrffynnon.co.uk.

Comment by Caley Powell on February 4, 2014 at 2:58

Hi,

I am a freelance casting director originally from Merthyr Tydfil but currently in working and living in London. I am looking to connect with Welsh theatre companies, producers, writers, directors and actors so I can come back and work back home as I currently come back just for a holiday to see my family and friends.

In London I am part of a group called The League Of Professional Theatre Women, it was originally created in America but last year a branch was set up in London. The aim of the league is to be a body that seeks to promote visibility and increase opportunities for women in the Professional Theatre.
The group unites all female professionals of the theatrical industry in the UK, to share ideas, news, promote events and support each other's work! We also want to fight for gender parity in the industry and are looking at campaigning for ways to change the industry to create more opportunites for women.

We are on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/484847981569852/ and Twitter @LofPTW and have meetings in London but I want to bring the League to Wales, primarily Cardiff first, so am looking for help from any woman who can book us a venue to arrange the first meet up for the end of the month and looking for anyone who maybe interested in joining the Welsh branch of the League.

Thanks and best wishes,

Caley Powell

@CaleyPCasting  

Comment by Rogue'z Theatre Company on February 2, 2014 at 13:42

Comment by Rowena Louise Bernice Scurlock on February 2, 2014 at 3:17
Hi there actors still needed for seven deadly sins fundraiser I can only pay expenses for travel, but if your looking for a bit of acting experience in a relaxed environment email leftfieldtheatrecompany@gmail.com
Comment by Jessica Folan on February 2, 2014 at 2:26

Hi

I am a Photojournalism student at the University of South Wales and I am currently undertaking a small university project with the brief entitled ‘24/7’.

I am looking for a actor to participate in this project with me. It would involve taking images you while you are rehearsing or performing and then when you are relaxing at home, or in a different environment. Obviously any images I take I would be happy to give away to be used in whatever way!

If you would be free to help me out in this project this week that'd be great. If you would like to know more about the project I will happily give you my course tutor, Becky's email as well.

Please email me at jessicafolan@gmail.com or give me a call, 07513413536.

Thanks

Jess

Comment by Alison John on January 30, 2014 at 1:07

CASTING CALL for Audio Narrative.

1 x actor and 1 x actress required for voice recording as part of a location based audio narrative experience.

Characters are roughly in their 30’s so we are looking for voices that fit that age range. The script is bilingual so applicants MUST be Welsh speakers.

About the project - 

We are currently developing an audio based experience that can be accessed on the local cycle networks in the South Wales Valleys. Told through two voices, the narrative will guide participants on a unique adventure that aspires to inject a little extra imagination into journeys. The project aims to encourage new audiences to engage and offer an unique experience to cyclists and other path users.

Actors will be required for two and a half days at the end of February/beginning of March for:

Rehearsal - (half a day)

Audio Recording - (two days)

Fee for each performer is £375.00

Auditions will take place on Wednesday 12th February 2014 in Cardiff.

Please send a performance CV and voice reel (if you have one) to allie@yellobrick.co.uk by 12 Noon Friday 7th February 2014.

Comment by Angharad Evans on January 29, 2014 at 6:07

This is a call out to bilingual actors (Welsh/English). I am in the process of developing an idea ‘In Light of Tom Mathias’ see my blog for more details. http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/walking-in...

If you would be interested in being involved in a possible RND in March. There will be a small fee for the project. I am looking for 3/4 actors with similar features to the people documented in Tom Mathias photos. Tom Mathias, his wife French Swiss Governess (would need to be able to speak French and a convincing French accent) and James Mathias his son, Tilla Mathias, his daughter. I am unable to post the images at this point without permission but if you are interested you can see the images on: http://www.museumwales.ac.uk/rhagor/galleries/mathias. Please contact me for further information.

This project bring to life the stories from the spirits of the ancestors to the present day; drawing on themes of duty to the family, the power of blood, community spirit, love, and the effects of loss. 

Comment by Harry Boast on January 21, 2014 at 2:37

Hello!

We're holding auditions in the near future for a feature film we’ll be shooting at the start of March in Swansea. We have most of our cast assembled but are still looking to fill the roles listed below.

Male playing age 25-40. Authoritative, commanding. Medium build. Dark hair. MUST be able to sing.

Male. Playing age 18-25. Light/Medium Build. Tall, handsome. Dark hair, fresh faced. Clean shaven.

Female Playing age 18-25. Light/medium Build. Fierce, demanding. Dark hair, dark eyes. Fresh faced.

Male playing age 25-35. Medium/Heavy build. Bouncer type. Authoritative.

If your interested in applying for any of the roles please email a CV and headshot to turnshoe@ymail.com. Also, any links to showreel material would be very helpful. We’ll let you know details about a specific time and place for your audition and more information about the film and part. 

Depending on which role you wish to apply for, we will ask you to prepare a small piece of text. Auditions will be taking place on Sunday the 2nd February in Swansea. Any questions at all please feel free to get in touch through the email.

Thanks!

Members (1009)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service