Information

WalesLab

WalesLab is no longer receiving submission. This page is an archive and a place for dicussion on previous WaleSLab projects.

If you'd like to get in touch with someone about WalesLab, please contact Simon Coates, Creative Associate. 

For more info on the projects we've supported you can see the links on the right hand side. 

You can join the group to be kept up to date about projects as they continue to change and to see notifications of future opportunities.

Members: 472
Latest Activity: Dec 13, 2017

WalesLab information

WalesLab was NTW's initiative for supporting emerging artists and new ideas for performance. This is a group and discussion forum for those artists involved in WalesLab or those interested in learning more about the various projects under development.

WalesLab consisted of:

Summercamp:        

A summer camp for up to twenty theatre makers and artists of varied experience to share ideas, learn form each other and stimulate new collaborations and projects (watch the video below to find out more).

WalesLab projects -

Small groups working for around 1-2 weeks based somewhere in Wales.

Germinate:    Three times a year small groups of artists will be offered the opportunity to spend around two weeks somewhere in Wales developing an idea or project which they have already begun working on, and will share their work with a local audience. There will be three Germinate projects a year, one of which will have an international element.

WalesLab is no longer open for new submissions. Have a look at the 'Your Work' page on the NTW website to find out about how to share your ideas with the company.

Discussion Forum

"Red Dragon and Soil Traveller" got two prizes in Japan!! AND, WANTED!!

Hello! I am Yasuro Ito in Tokyo,Japan. I am a theatre director and writer of…Continue

Tags: producer, wanted, international, musical, japan

Started by Yasuro Ito Oct 26, 2016.

Company Workshop with Award Winning Familia de la Noche Theatre

Award Winning Company Familia de la Noche are running a company workshop at Chapter Arts Centre on Tuesday 24th November, running alongside performances their 5* show The Greatest Liar in all the…Continue

Tags: cardiff, chapter, physical, clowning, workshop

Started by Becca Cox Oct 27, 2015.

Volunteer Opportunities

Volunteer OpportunitiesThis autumn The Abacus on Wood Street welcomes:The Cardiff Christmas Bazaar!In conjunction with Somewhereto_, ProMoCymru, The Modern Alchemists and National Youth Theatre…Continue

Tags: freebies, experience, cardiff, support, creative

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

ONiiiT is back!Back by popular demand, after a successful set of workshops,…Continue

Tags: skills, cardiff, fun, workshop, fundraising

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of WalesLab to add comments!

Comment by Josh alan Trask on February 11, 2015 at 9:00

UNTITLED 2a - A Callout

You might be interested to read my blog. I'm interested to here peoples thoughts.

Comment by Simon Coates on February 9, 2015 at 10:55

- LIVECASTING OF ABERYSTWYTH ARTIST HUDDLE - 

We'll be livecasting the Huddle from Aberystwyth this Wednesday from 1pm.

We will be covering:

‘Selling your work to programmers, audience and the press’ – presented by Simon Coates, Rhian Lewis and Catrin Rogers.

‘What does a producer do and how can they help me?’ – presented by Lisa Maguire and Sarah Jane Leigh.

Plus a talk hosted by staff from Aberystwyth Arts Centre to provide an overview of past and current approaches to artist support and development.

More info here: http://nationaltheatrewales.org/huddles

Comment by Simon Coates on February 3, 2015 at 1:59

Artist residencies at Castell Coch. Have a look here: http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/paid-artis...

Comment by Simon Coates on January 26, 2015 at 6:55

- ARTIST HUDDLES IN ABERYSTWYTH -

Have a look at the new Artist Huddle coming up in Aberystwyth.

Info here on my blog post.

Hope to see you there.

Comment by Simon Coates on January 13, 2015 at 5:20

- WALESLAB SUBMISSIONS EXTENSION - 

Hi All, I've just made an extension to the next deadline for all your WalesLab submissions.

The next cut off point will be at noon on the 27th Feb.

We'll be letting people know if their ideas have been shortlisted by the 13th Mar.

Do get in touch if you'd like to talk over your ideas before making a submission. For more information, take a look at the WalesLab pages or drop me an email - simoncoates@nationaltheatrewales.org

Comment by Simon Coates on January 11, 2015 at 23:45

Hello WalesLab Group - Here's a call out for proposals from Aberystwyth Arts Centre.

If you are working with/interested in digital and multimedia technologies it's a corker...

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/connect-ii...

Comment by Simon Coates on December 19, 2014 at 5:21

- CBBC NEW VOICES INITIATIVE - 

CBBC is setting up a skills-based programme designed to give writers insight into writing for an ongoing children's TV series, covering all stages of the scripting process with input from experienced writers, producers, script editors and executive producers. The aim is to find and support writers so they kickstart an ongoing relationship with the CBBC drama team. A longer-term aim is to help these writers gain experience that would enable them to work across all BBC departments.

Have a look at my blog post for more information.

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on December 19, 2014 at 1:20

Newport and Cardiff TEAM Workout dates for the New Year are finalised!  Hurray!  17th January in Newport and 21st February in Cardiff.  Blog with links to Events is here - hopefully see you soon!

Comment by Tracy Evans on December 16, 2014 at 23:28

Hi folks. Here's a blog on opportunities for artists to present new work and also for residencies in Bridgend in 2015. Please share with others who might be interested. Thanks a lot, Tracy  http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/fantastic-...

Comment by Simon Coates on December 15, 2014 at 0:07

Here's a blog post on DRIFT - International Residency Programme. Now accepting applications.

DEADLINE: 7th Jan

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service