Information

Actors

An official National Theatre Wales group

Actors who want to hear about news and opportunities at National Theatre Wales, and keep in touch with each other.

View the National Theatre Wales Casting Policy here.

Members: 1009
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2023

Discussion Forum

Casting Call

Started by Caroline Sabin Jun 16, 2021.

CASTING CALL

Started by Stacey Daly Jun 16, 2021.

BoomTown 2019

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 26, 2019.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Actors to add comments!

Comment by Life Venture Arts on March 12, 2015 at 2:10

CALLING ALL ACTORS!!

Get yourself down to Wales Millennium Centre on Thursday 19th March for Actors Experience, more information can found on the link below;

http://www.lifeventurearts.com/life-store/4588461508/actors-experie...

Comment by Becca Cox on March 10, 2015 at 1:57

Go see this if you can. Comes highly recommended...

Fire Exit presents ‘Long Live The Little Knife’ by David Leddy

Thursday 12th March at 7.30pm

Pontardawe Arts Centre

Long Live The Little Knife is a dynamic, absurd and uplifting theatre piece about forgery, castration and blind drunkenness. The show began life as a mini-commission for the Royal Shakespeare Company in the British Museum. It got such an overwhelming response that David Leddy has brought the characters back for a full-length escapade for the 2013 Edinburgh Festival Fringe following three preview performances in Glasgow.

“…dazzling… hugely enjoyable romp” ★★★★ The Guardian

“…a fantastic exhibition of verbal pyrotechnics” ★★★★ The Scotsman

Liz and Jim are a husband and wife team of forgers who have risen to great heights and fallen to great depths in their careers as con artists and counterfeiters. They are caught in a turf war over fake vintage handbags. They need to find £250 grand in protection money. Their Big Boss, The Wee Man, convinces them to undertake a harebrained mission to up their game and become the world’s greatest art forgers. There’s only one problem. They can’t paint.

In this fast-paced, provocative and boisterous caper Leddy finds the incongruous connections between verbatim theatre, free-market economics, the psychology of ‘truth’ and a castrated labradoodle in a classic Chanel clutch bag.

x

Comment by Elaine Paton on March 7, 2015 at 3:29

WEnt to see Company of Siren's production of Phillip Ridley's "Dark Vanilla Jungle".   Last show tonight.  Drop everything and go and see the most extraordinary performance by new comer Seren Vickers directed by Chris Durnall.

http://www.theatre-wales.co.uk/reviews/reviews_details.asp?reviewID...

Comment by Paul Jenkins on March 5, 2015 at 22:07

Interactive Theatre workshop with fantastic Turkish theatre-makers at WMC next Tuesday (10th March)!

Hello - I'm hosting a workshop exploring the working process of the critically acclaimed and controversial theatre company behind 'Mi Minor' - a theatrical and highly interactive performance in which the audience can choose to support the 'government' in power or organise itself into active resistance within the performance itself.

The workshop would be great for any actors and creatives interested in learning about interactive forms and the powerful use of digital media in performance.

The workshop will be from 10-4.30 on Tuesday 10th March at WMC. Thanks to support from Arts Council of Wales this event is free. Please drop me a line at pauljenx@me.com to find out more or book a place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS8Q94vGPOM&feature=youtu.be

Comment by Osian Rhys on March 5, 2015 at 5:48

Hey guys,

I'm performing in a play in Swansea next week. 

Let me know if you'd like to come and see.

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/blue-remembered-hills

Comment by Shon Dale-Jones on March 5, 2015 at 1:47
Thanks for a great response to our posting about casting HUGH HUGHES - MY ISLAND...the casting call is now closed...we look forward to next time when we have more time! Thanks again for speedy response - very helpful - much appreciated....
Comment by National Theatre Wales on March 4, 2015 at 11:59

Last minute but exciting casting call from Shon Dale Jones (Hugh Hughes):

Casting Call -  Can you help?

I am planning to shoot 2 x  'online digital shorts’ with Executive Producer, Jon Plowman at BBC Comedy as part of HUGH HUGHES-MY ISLAND: a collection of online digital shorts for BBC Taster on either March 16 or March 17.

We are looking for one young actor to play teenager, Bryn and an actress in her mid forties to play Delyth - they both need to be strong comic performers and have good Welsh accents.

Brief character description to support casting:

DELYTH

Delyth is Hugh's controlling, bossy older sister. A forever recovering alcoholic, stuck inside a failing marriage and struggling to mother a teenage son - she is a strong, quick-witted, sharp and sarcastic character who uses her cynicism to keep her head above water. Delyth lives in a bleak and pessimistic world but has not given up the fight - she is still raging. We are looking for someone who would have pleasure playing “a bit of a monster"

BRYN

Bryn is Hugh's teenage nephew. He is wayward but kind-hearted - a strong-willed, determined, independent sixteen year old that keeps himself to himself, who has a passion for motorbikes and doing his own thing.

URGENT

I’m aware that this is short notice – we need to draw up a list by this Friday (6th) - to meet on Mon 9 and Tues 10 - to shoot on either Mon 16 or Tues 17.

Anyone who is interested in applying for the roles should email shon@hoipolloi.org.uk

Comment by Nigel Streeter (Stanley Streets) on February 27, 2015 at 10:11

So here it is ... "If only stupidity really was a virtue" ... Episode 8 of the ongoing 'Penarth' fun sci fi web series ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3f5lT6aw7c&feature=youtu.be ... hope you enjoy, if you do then don't be shy of sharing it around folks ... ta muchly !!!

Comment by Ellen Morris on February 26, 2015 at 5:51

How long are these classes running for?

Comment by Life Venture Arts on February 25, 2015 at 4:14

Actors Experience is back this week on Thursday 26th February, 18:00 - 21:00. A new masterclass in acting taking place at the Wales Millennium Centre facilitated by Life Venture Arts.

Spaces are filling up fast so secure your place now via the link below.

http://www.lifeventurearts.com/actors-experience/4588457474

Members (1009)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service