This month of March has been one to remember, just off a leap year and it feels like I've leaped into a whole new world.
Firstly I'd like to mention that I've just had my recall audition for the Royal Welsh to study 3 year BA Acting. How did it go? We'll soon find out as I'm waiting to hear back within the next week or so.

And Finally, this past week I've been working on The Big Democracy Project ran by Gavin Porter. If I was questioning my identity and society before then now questioning has become serious.
Working with asylum seekers and refugees showed me that the media who so negatively portray ordinary human beings who have been through some extraordinary struggles and that have managed to survived are much stronger mentally, than I am. I've asked myself what would I be if I lost everything on the outside and just had my life to show? What if I buried my own friends after fleeing my own home just for safety ?
What is the value of human life if none values one? One life?
I've learnt to love all people no matter what over this past week, it's quite hard to image.
Thanks to everyone involved who gave me such an insight. Thank you and much love.

Views: 152

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Rob Keeley on March 15, 2015 at 23:53

Great thoughts Ali, and the world would do well to follow them.

Good luck with the audition

Rob

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service